The Master's degree in Business and Law with a focus on business law is aimed at people with a first academic degree in the form of a bachelor's or diploma, for example for graduates of the Bachelor's degree in Business Law (LL.B.) from DIPLOMA. The distance learning enables a further technical deepening and specialization with a professional perspective on international management.
The business and law course with a focus on business law is designed as a virtual distance learning course with interactive online lectures in order to offer working people the greatest possible independence of location. The exams during the master's program can be taken at the numerous DIPLOMA study centers.
The standard period of study is 5 semesters .
Master's degree in economics and law
The distance learning course in Business and Law aims at in -service training for business lawyers and business economists. The focus of the course is on questions that have both old = "economic and legal references. With this profile, the master's degree meets the modern requirements for business lawyers who are increasingly active in a legally regulated environment. The possibility of specializing and deepening Expertise offers the elective areas of labor law, financial services, insurance law, taxes and auditing .
In contrast to purely legal courses of study, the course conveys a comprehensive understanding of commercial matters as well as complex practice-related legal questions, taking into account the growing international orientation of commercial companies. The acquired knowledge and skills qualify the graduates for the development and implementation of practical solutions.
The master's degree in business and law with a focus on business law entitles to positions in higher service such as B. at federal, state and local authorities. Graduates with an academic master's degree also qualify for a subsequent doctorate.
Distance learning: 5 semesters / 120 ECTS
The actual study period can be extended free of charge for up to 4 semesters over the standard period of study.
With sufficient number of participants in the winter semester (October) and summer semester (April).
Accreditation of the degree program by the accreditation agency AHPGS.
Distance learning: € 317.00 / month (total € 10,495.00 plus one-off examination fee of € 985.00)
Distance learning with interactive online lectures on the online campus of the DIPLOMA University; part-time.
Passed a bachelor's or diploma examination at DIPLOMA Hochschule or another university or university of applied sciences (especially in the fields of economics or law) or an at least equivalent foreign degree in the same or a related subject with a standard period of study of at least six semesters.
Applicants whose final grade of their first professional qualification is "sufficient" cannot take part in the master's degree. Applicants with a "satisfactory" degree must demonstrate in a placement interview that they are able to successfully complete this degree.
Master of Arts (MA) - Graduates receive a master's certificate and certificate as well as a so-called "Diploma Supplement" written in English and a "Transcript of Records" (overview of grades), which they receive internationally as academics with a master's degree - Show titles. After the Bologna decisions, a master's degree holder has met the requirements for a doctorate.
Major fields of study
Elective courses and contents of the module Employment Law of the Master's program in Business and Law - Business Law (MA):
I. Labor law determinants of management:
- Labor law and demographic change: working time models and working time accounts, company pensions, partial retirement, parental leave
- Labor law in the functional context: temporary employment, outsourcing
- Labor law as an ethical point of reflection: labor law protection against discrimination with special consideration of the AGG, labor law in the area of tension between the need for social protection and old = "economic freedom of choice
- Labor law in the competition of legal systems: in particular influences of European law, cross-border employee representation
II. Labor and social law in personnel administration:
- Wage tax aspects of the employment relationship: wage tax calculation, registration and payment, external wage tax examination and liability, wage tax law from the perspective of the employee (wage tax card and classes, wage tax year compensation), questions of wage replacement benefits and wage inflow
- Vacation law: In particular vacation entitlement and compensation, vacation duration, vacation pay and unpaid vacation
- Social security law aspects of the employment relationship: term and function of the social security contributions, tasks of the employer in connection with social security contributions, in particular the origin and due date of the contribution claims, questions of limitation and forfeiture, special features of the payment of contributions to accident insurance
- Labor and social security law aspects of job promotion: employee benefits, employer benefits, especially in the case of integration, recruitment and further training, labor market programs with special attention to the European Social Fund
- Social security law aspects of unemployment benefit: Requirements for the creation of entitlement, duration and amount of entitlement, suspension of entitlement to unemployment benefit
Elective courses and contents of the Financial Services module of the master's programs in Business and Law - Management (MA) and Business and Law - Business Law (MA)
I. Financial services:
- [Repetition from Bachelor's degree: Fundamentals of financial services, banking products, financial markets]
- Term and functions of brokers, asset managers, investment advisory companies, brokers, multiple agents, sales companies
- Financial market analysis and (private) financial planning tools
- Investment companies (fundamentals, the fund principle, investment funds vs. direct investment)
- Basic forms of fund investment and their classifications
- Fund investment risks
- Financial engineering (financial innovations and financial engineering, fundamentals of derivative financial products, strategic uses of options and financial futures)
II. Financial services:
- Building societies (history, legal bases, collective building society financing, state building society funding, home ownership promotion)
- Future developments in the financial services sector (development on international markets / on the German market, market development and earnings potential of providers for FDL, future scenarios)
- Legal areas relevant to real estate (public building law, civil building law)
- Real estate-relevant operational old age = "economic fundamentals (land and land values, financing of real estate projects, GL of real estate tax law, real estate marketing, project development, facility management)
- Betriebsalt = "economic aspects of residential property construction (project development, project marketing, forms and possibilities of financing, investment calculation)
Taxes and revision
Elective courses and content of the module Taxes and revision of the master's programs in Business and Law - Business Law (MA) and Business and Law - Management (MA):
I. Taxes and revision:
- Corporate taxation
- The Tax Code / Types of Tax
- Jurisdiction rules
- The administrative act in tax law
- Rights and duties of the tax citizen and consequences of non-performance
- Income tax (tax liability, types of income, determination of income, determination of excess, non-deductible expenses)
- Income from business, from self-employment, from employment, from capital assets, from renting and leasing, other income
- from income to income to taxable income for income tax calculation
- Corporation tax (basis, determination, calculation, equity that can be used for distributions, corporation tax assessment)
- The trade tax (the commercial enterprise, assessment and calculation of the trade tax)
II. Taxes and revision:
- Value added tax (tax item, assessment bases, calculation)
- Introduction to the valuation law (valuation object, valuation standards, various valuation principles)
- Company taxes as a decision-making phenomenon (tax aspects in the case of investments, financing, production programs, sales, location selection, legal form selection, business combinations)
- Balance sheets as an information tool for the company
- Balance sheet types, annual accounts
- Balance sheet analysis and balance sheet criticism
Key events and contents of the Insurance Law module of the Master’s program in Business and Law - Business Law (MA):
I. Legal framework in old insurance = "economy and business practice:
- Insurance company law: Insurance companies based in Germany and foreign insurers in Germany
- Insurance supervision law: legal sources, objectives and means of insurance supervision as well as selected questions of insurance supervision with special attention to the activities of the Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin)
- Cross-border and international aspects of insurance law: European compulsory insurance law, international private and procedural law (insurance contracts with foreign contacts, cross-border civil proceedings in insurance matters)
- Instruments of judicial and extrajudicial control of insurance activities: jurisdiction, types of action and deadline for action, aspects of the burden of proof in the insurance process; Versicherungsombudsmann eV, history of origin, organizational structure and rules of procedure of the arbitration board
- New regulation of insurance contract law: legislative procedure for the VVG reform, key points and basic ideas of the reform legislation
- General insurance contract law after the VVG reform: dogmatics and general insurance conditions, entering into and ending the insurance relationship, insurance agent and broker, obligations of the policyholder and the insurer, obligations, recourse
- Conclusion of insurance contracts using electronic media
II. Insurance law in business practice:
- Company / industrial insurance, transport and forwarding insurance law, technical insurance
- Environmental liability and product liability
- D&O insurance with special regard to the corporate law aspects of liability of the members of management and supervisory bodies
- Private credit insurance and state export credit insurance
- Selected questions in life insurance with special regard to the transparency requirements of the BGH
About the School
The DIPLOMA University is a privately run, state recognized university of applied sciences located in the picturesque medieval city of Bad Sooden-Allendorf in North Hesse. The notation Bad identifies ... Read More