The MA in applied sociology enables graduates to get a competitive edge by learning assessment, diagnostic, evaluation, and intercultural communication skills, and by gaining important insights into diversity in the workplace and society, all of which many employers seek in their hiring/promoting. Because these skills and knowledge are of great value in virtually every occupational field, this Master’s program has demonstrated appeal in a variety of professional settings. These include, but are not limited to, departments of human resources or research and planning in banking, corporations, education, government, healthcare, insurance, marketing, and community and other nonprofit organizations.
Atinuke (Tinu) Adeniran
Office of Graduate Admissions & Enrollment Services
Telephone – 973-720-2764
Connect with us on WhatsApp
In addition to the University’s admission requirements:
- Baccalaureate degree with a preferred, but not required, background in a social science.
- Cumulative grade point average of no less than 3.00 on 4.00 scale.
- A minimum verbal score of 150 on the GRE or a minimum score of 388 on the MAT.
- Two letters of recommendation that attest to applicant’s academic qualifications.
- A 500-word statement of intent in which the applicant provides background information and explains why he or she decided to pursue a degree and/or career in applied sociology.