- The programme is for students interested in careers in contemporary development issues.
- The programme aims to develop the sound conceptual, analytical and critical skills that are required in dynamic and complex modern development contexts.
- To be enrolled in the programme, prospective students should be having a good honors degree in History and Development studies
- Other degree holders shall be eligible for admission at the discretion of the Departmental Board
- The number of modules taken by any student from outside the department may be restricted.
- The offering of elective modules depends on the availability of staff and/or teaching loads of available staff.
- Examinations, which shall normally be written at the end of each semester, comprise three-hour papers for theoretical modules.
- Continuous assessment includes tests, essays and seminar paper presentations.
- Failure to meet deadlines shall be taken to mean failure to carry out assigned work.
- A student is normally required to attain 100% attendance of lectures.
(Code) (Module Description) (Credits)
Level 1 Semester 1
- MADS 701 Theories and Strategies in Development and Change 6
- MADS702 Gender and Development 6
- MADS703 Rural Policies and Development 6
- MADS704 Research Methodologies for Development 6
- MADS705 International Processes of Change and Development 6
- MADS706 Development Accounting and Finance 6
Level 1 Semester 2
- MADS707 Governance, Globalization and Civil Society 6
- MADS708 Development Management Techniques 6
- MADS709 Conflict Management for Development Practitioners 6
- MADS710 Human Rights, Social Justice and Development 6
- MADS711 Famines and Food Security 6
- MADS712 Managing Environmental Changes 6
Level 2 Semester 1
See 2 more programs offered by Midlands State University »
This course is