- M.A. in History
Who Would be Interested in This Program?
- Teachers seeking to gain more historical knowledge while earning a higher rank
- Students interested in preparing for a doctoral program in history
- Students interested in earning a graduate degree to prepare for work in museums, historical societies, and other fields
What Are the Requirements to be Admitted to the Program?
- GRE scores: 153 Verbal and 4.0 Analytical Writing
- GPA: Overall undergraduate GPA of 2.5 or GPA of 2.75 in last 60 semester hours of the baccalaureate program
- Degree: Completion of at least a satisfactory undergraduate minor in history or the equivalent
Where Are Recent Graduates of the Program Employed?
- Morehead State University
- Michigan State University - Graduate Student
- Madison North Hopkins High School
- Rockcastle County High School
- EKU Department of History
- EKU Athletic Department
"Excellence close to home" is our Hallmark!
The Department of History at Eastern Kentucky University offers you:
- Small class sizes (student/professor ratio of 12:1);
- Personal interaction with nationally and internationally recognized and published faculty;
- Career and professional counseling;
- Assistantships working with faculty in teaching areas and on research projects;
- Opportunity to gain "hands-on" professional experience through course-related projects and our co-op program.
Our Master of Arts degree offers two options so you can design the program that works for you:
- Thesis option
- Non-Thesis option
Admission Criteria and Deadlines
Rolling program admission deadline but G.A. applications due April 15 for the fall semester and October 15 for the spring semester.
Clear admission to our program requires:
- A 2.75 overall undergraduate GPA or a 3.0 in your last 60 hours of undergraduate work
- GRE scores of 153 verbal and 4.0 on the analytical writing portion of the exam
- An undergraduate major or minor in History or a major in a closely-related field
- 3 letters of recommendation
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 22, 2018