The master’s programme in architecture is equivalent to Part 2 of the Lembaga Arkitek Malaysia (LAM) Professional Examination and is a full-time professional Master’s programme that centres on the advanced study of architecture. It takes on an integrated approach to learning architecture and adopts the teaching philosophy of ‘design as research’. Key research areas include: Community & Place, Urban Regeneration and Tropical Architecture.
Students undertake a range of specialist and research-based studio projects supported by knowledge and application of technology and environment, cultural context, research, and professional practice to forge the position of ‘sustaining humanity’. Utilising a design as research teaching pedagogy, the design studio forms the intersection of interests across three broad domains of inquiry, i.e. urbanity, community, and technology.
2-YEAR PROGRAMME - PROGRAMME STRUCTURE
- Culture & Community Design Studio
- Environment & Technology: Case Study & Analysis
- Research Methods
- Urban Design Studio
- Environment & Technology: Synthesis
- Core Elective
- Architectural Design Thesis*
- Advanced Building Technology
- Professional Practice & Entrepreneurship I
- Architectural Thesis*
- Professional Practice & Entrepreneurship II
* Architectural Design Thesis is to be completed in two semesters.
** Dissertation is to be completed in two semesters.
- Architectural Structure Specialist
- Design Consultant
- Interior Designer / Interior Architect
- Project Manager
- Site Supervisor
- Residential / Commercial Architect
- Resort / Hotel Architectural Conceptualiser
- Theme Park Conceptual Architect
- Town Planning Conceptual Architect