Master of Architecture
The Master of Architecture program will be about:
- The effect of architecture on the community and society. This will be the main inspiration and concern for our design strategies, especially in terms of safety, comfort, and wellbeing.
- The environmentally sustainable architecture that strives to minimize the negative environmental effect of building by efficiency and moderation in the use of materials, energy and development space. Sustainable architecture that is very much aware of consumption of energy and ecological conservation in the design of the built environment will be the underlying principles of our design intention.
- The commitment to exploring the sustainable concept of fundamental principles, methodologies, and approach set within architectural management process of planning, designing and delivering infrastructure.
- The appreciation and thoughtful consideration of the context, framework, and culture of a place, architecture that responses to its surrounding by respecting what is already there, the genius loci.
- Studio-based learning
- Site visits and appraisals
- Constant communication with lecturers and tutors
- Critical thinking and independent learning to suit a master program rigor and requirement
Year 1 modules and credit hours (ch):
- Studio Design IVA (5 ch)
- Studio Design IVB (6 ch)
- Building Technology A (3 ch)
- Building Technology B (3 ch)
- Professional Practice A (4 ch)
- Professional Practice B (4 ch)
- Theory & Philosophy (3 ch)
- Urban Design (3 ch)
Total: 31 credit hours
Year 2 modules and credit hours (ch):
- Design Thesis I (8 ch)
- Design Thesis II (8 ch)
- Design Thesis Report (2 ch)
- Research Methods (3 ch)
- Dissertation (5 ch)
- Elective A: Sustainable Design or Elective B: Building Conservation (3 ch)
Total: 29 credit hours
- MALAYSIAN STUDENTS
- Tuition Fees RM42,000.00
- Deposit (Refundable) RM300.00
- Insurance RM140.00/year
- Total Fees (Approximate) RM39,400.00
- Tuition Fees RM42,000.00
- Caution Fee (Refundable) RM1,500.00
- International Student Administrative Fee RM4,200.00
- Medical Insurance RM500.00/year
- Visa Processing RM381.60/year
- Medical Examination RM250.00/year
- i-Card RM50.00
- Total Fees (Approximate) RM45,900
- Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies from IUKL which is equivalent to LAM Part 1, with a minimum CGPA of 2.70 and a minimum of six (6) months industrial training after LAM Part 1 in a related field (*); or
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field which is equivalent to LAM Part 1 from other recognized higher educational institutions, with a minimum CGPA of 2.70, a minimum of six (6) months industrial training after LAM Part 1 in a related field and pass portfolio review or interview by the department admission panel
- Other qualification that is recognized as equivalent as the above by the Government of Malaysia
- For local applicants, score Band 2 in MUET OR UEC English B4
- International applicants are required to have a minimum score of TOEFL 550 OR IELTS 6.0.; OR have attained a degree from a university where the medium of instruction is in English OR obtained Grade C in O-Level.
- Admission can be granted to a LAM Part I graduate who obtains less than 2.70 CGPA but not less than 2.50 CGPA if the candidate possesses a minimum of 12 months of industrial training after LAM Part 1 in an architectural consultant office and the level of exposure is considered acceptable by the department interview panel (**)
- Admission can also be granted to a LAM Part I graduate who obtains less than 2.70 CGPA but not less than 2.50 CGPA if the candidate possesses a minimum of 18 months of industrial training in a related field and the level of exposure is considered acceptable by the department interview panel.
- Candidates who have just graduated with LAM Part 1 but who have yet to complete the six (6) months industrial training can be granted conditional admission into the program. However, they must complete the six (6) months industrial training prior to taking the first semester modules of Master of Architecture program.
- Candidates who have just graduated with LAM Part 1 but who have yet to complete the 12 months industrial training can be granted conditional admission into the program. However, they must complete the 12 months industrial training prior to taking the first semester modules of Master of Architecture program.
The program is to be monitored and accredited by Majlis Akreditasi dan Pendidikan Senibina Malaysia (MAPSM), Lembaga Arkitek Malaysia (LAM)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 29, 2017