Master of Architecture in Conservation and Regeneration/Master of Arts in Conservation and Regeneration
Faculty of Architecture – CEPT University
Conservation and Regeneration program is a two-year specialist education in theory and practice of building conservation and conservation led urban regeneration. The program situates itself in the context of the World Heritage City of Ahmedabad and engages with the historic built environments, urban histories and theories, contextual design approaches and community engagement to explore the relationship between conservation practice and urban regeneration. This is done with a focus on developing skills required for practice and with active engagement with national and global, private and public projects that conserve historic environments. At the end of this program one would be able to:
- Develop a critical understanding of new and evolving practices in conservation.
- Learn practical skills from experienced practitioners and experts. The university has a fully functional state of the art laboratory to that would aid knowledge and skill development of recording, documenting and analyzing historic places.
- Effectively evaluate and transform historic built environments through applying scientific assessment tools, participatory processes, design, and policy thinking.
Minimum Qualifications & Eligibility Criteria
Anyone with a degree or equivalent qualification related to design in the built environment or conservation practice such as; architecture (B.Arch), urban design, planning (B.Plan), design (BID – five years), archaeology (MA), structural engineering (BE/ B.Tech), civil engineering (B.E/B.Tech.), Bachelors in Construction Technology (BCT) with 55% aggregate marks for general category candidates and 50% aggregate marks for reserved category candidates can apply. Portfolios of individuals with any other degree but a substantial experience in relevant practices are welcome.
Sanctioned Intake: 12
Applicants are required to submit documents and a portfolio.
Documents to be submitted are:
- Degree Certificate (provisional, in case final not received)
- Transcript of Marks / All Marksheet
- Work Certificates (in case of work experience)
- Two Recommendations
Applicants will be required to submit a portfolio of their work or student assignments. The portfolio should be of A4 size – landscape, with minimum 6 pages and maximum 12 pages. Please include drawings, projects, descriptions, calculations, designs or essays prepared by you in the portfolio. The admissions will have two stages.
The stage I will be screening stage. Experts Committee will be set up for the program to assess your documents and portfolio to screen applicants for the program. During this screening process, approximately 15% weightage will be given to your marks, 15% to the recommendations and 70% to your portfolio. We suggest you give sufficient time and energy in preparing your portfolio.
- The applicant receiving grades as GPA/CGPA need to send the document indicating the relationship of GPA/CGPA with percentage marks as per their university/institute along with all the mark sheets.
- The applicant studying in the final semester need to submit all the mark sheets until penultimate semester.
|Criteria||Weightage in %|
Candidates selected at Stage I will be called for a personal interview for the final decision on the admissions. The expert interview panel will be asking specific questions to assess your understanding of the work that you have submitted in your portfolio. The final merit list will be prepared on the basis of the score obtained in Stage II. Marks obtained in Stage I will not be carried forward in Stage II.
|Criteria||Weightage in %|
The candidates with B.Arch. will be awarded Master of Architecture in Conservation and Regeneration, while the candidates with any other qualifying degree will be awarded Master of Arts in Conservation and Regeneration.
Fees & Financial Aid
Fees for Academic Year 2018-19 will be updated soon.
Student Financial Aid
Please be informed that you can avail Pre Admission Scholarship (Means cum Merit) by filling up the scholarship form. Scholarships ranging from 25% to 75% of the annual tuition fee will be awarded to selected students from among the eligible applications.
The last date for submission of Scholarship is 20th April 2018
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Students with family income less than Rs. 10 lacs per annum are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Recipients of the scholarship will continue to receive the scholarship for the full duration of the program subject to maintaining a minimum 2.7 SGPA (the equivalent of B-) in every semester and completing all courses in the first attempt.
- University holds the right to reject the scholarship application, in case of absence of any required supporting documents to be submitted by the applicant.
- The award of the Scholarship will be announced along with your Admission Offer Letter, however, the amount will be disbursed after one month from the beginning of semester/lectures.
For any further clarification in this regard please contact Admissions Office in below mentioned contact details.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 3, 2018