M.Arch.Sc. Sustainable Building Design & Performance FT
Graduate Taught (level 9 n.f.q., credits 90)
The Masters in Sustainable Building Design & Performance taught masters programme is for those seeking to develop a career or hoping to undertake further studies in sustainable building analysis and design. It supports students to define themselves within the fields of sustainability, architecture, energy, environment and health.
- Students are encouraged and supported in the pursuit of a broad range of inter-related issues through active enquiry and autonomous investigation.
- The programme provides a learning environment within which each student is encouraged and can make a unique and individual contribution as well as being part of a team. It is delivered through lectures, seminars, tutorials and individual and group project work, all supported through contact time in class, individual supervisory sessions and online course content.
- The programme is designed to place value on each individual and their contribution to the group, supporting their development through an inclusive, exploratory and encouraging learning environment.
Who should apply?
Full-Time option suitable for
Domestic(EEA) applicants: Yes
International (Non-EEA) applicants currently residing outside of the EEA Region. Yes
Graduates of the programme will be well positioned and will have a distinct advantage in securing roles in defining the sustainable future of the built environment. Students who have completed graduate and postgraduate programmes with the UCD School of Architecture, Planning and Environmental Policy and the UCD Energy Research Group have gone on to work in world-renowned consultancies, practices, research agencies and universities. The programme is also an introductory vehicle for those wishing to pursue further research at research masters or PhD level both at UCD and internationally.
Fees, Funding and Scholarships
M.Arch.Sc. Sustainable Building Design & Performance (T281) Full-Time
- EU fee per year - € 7640 v.a.
- non-EU fee per year - € 24200 v.a.
***Fees are subject to change Tuition fee information is available on the UCD Fees website. Please note that UCD offers a number of graduate scholarships for full-time, self-funding international students, holding an offer of a place on a UCD graduate degree programme. For further information please see International Scholarships.
- A 4-year bachelors degree with a minimum upper second class honour (NFQ level 8) or international equivalence in a relevant programme.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.0 in each element) or equivalent.
- Applicants are required to submit their CV as part of their application documentation.
"This Masters offered me everything that I am professionally interested in and everything that I was looking to learn in order to progress my career. It is a very interesting and challenging, diverse and up-to-date Master’s that offers great opportunities to expand your knowledge and grow professionally. The experience of undertaking it became even greater thanks to the devoted teachers I’ve had and the many friends from all over the world I made. Another advantage is that I had the chance to explore the amazing natural wonders of Ireland and meet lovely local people."
Facilities and Resources
The programme is delivered by the UCD School of Architecture, Planning & Environmental Policy and supported by the UCD Built Environment Laboratory, offering excellent laboratory resources and supported by technical expertise. UCD hosts excellent paper-based and electronic library resources in the areas of architecture and sustainable design. The School of Architecture, Planning & Environmental Policy offers dedicated studio space for its students, a dedicated architecture library and map room, access to fully equipped computer facilities,and a state-of-the-art IT infrastructure, a building laboratory space with a wide range of equipment and access to monitoring and simulation equipment in the Built Environment Laboratory.
*Courses will remain open until such time as all places have been filled, therefore early application is advised
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 15, 2017