The Master of Applied Finance - Investing program in UAE is an advanced program for students who are interested in focusing on investment and portfolio management.
You will study the theory and practice of financial management and gain an in-depth understanding of the global financial system.
Using realistic stock market simulations, you will also be introduced to portfolio theory and practice with emphasis on optimal investment decision-making.
18 - 24 months
Spring - February
Summer - June
Autumn - September
(VAT 5% inclusive)
A focus on applied research means that by the end of the program, you will be able to provide innovative solutions to investment issues and have a thorough grounding in corporate governance and business ethics, providing protection against portfolio, financial and corporate risks.
Accreditation and Recognition
Because we’re licensed by the UAE Ministry of Education - Higher Education Affairs, through the Commission of Academic Accreditation, our students and graduates can be assured that our degrees are recognized throughout the UAE and internationally.
All MAF programs are also quality assured by UOW Australia, which is registered with the Australian Tertiary Education and Quality Standards Agency (TEQSA), the national regulator of higher education in Australia. Upon graduation, students can choose either a degree certificate from UOWD or a degree certificate from the University of Wollongong Australia.
The maximum requirement to graduate from a single specialization MAF program is twelve (12) subjects.
The program will normally take you five or six semesters to complete (based on three semesters per year with summer as an optional semester and two subjects per semester). At this rate, the degree can be completed in two years or less. Classes are held at 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm, Sunday to Thursday. Each subject requires one evening of attendance for 13 weeks.
If you have joined UOWD in spring 2016 or later, your program of study is as follows:
Common Finance Foundation*
- FIN924 Financial Statement Analysis for Business
- FIN958 Financial Institutions
- ECON939 Quantitative Economic Analysis
- TBS907 Financial Strategy
- FIN922 Investment Management
- FIN957 Portfolio Simulation
- FIN923 Portfolio Management
- FIN959 Enterprise Risk Management
- TBS909 Corporate Governance
- FIN926 Advanced Managerial Finance
- FIN928 Multinational Financial Management
- FIN956 Banking, Lending, and Securities
- TBS905 Economic Analysis for Business
- MARK922 Marketing Management
- FIN930 Islamic Banking and Finance
- FIN960 Research in Financial Markets and Institutions
*Students are required to choose two electives from the approved list.
Program taught in: