The challenging global economy requires highly trained individuals who possess the knowledge and the skills in economic policymaking and, participate effectively in helping decision-makers choose sound economic policies that strike a good balance between cyclical economic recovery and long-run economic growth.
This exciting course-based program provides students with graduate-level knowledge and skills related to applications of economic theory in policy-making, bridging the gap between theory and practice.
The program is comprised of four distinct parts delivered over 16 consecutive months:
- six core courses;
- series of specialized electives;
- courses in both management and business communications; and,
- policy project.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Describe, critically appraise, and apply advanced concepts in economics
- Choose the appropriate models and mathematical techniques to propose solutions to economic problems
- Formulate and conduct empirical tests of theoretical economic models using standard data
- Model and analyze the impacts of economic policies on consumers and society
Alumni are able to find positions in industry, government, think tanks, and international organizations. There is a dramatic technological change within this industry. This program specifically equip graduates with the skills and knowledge that successfully enable them to be highly competitive in the current labour market.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 16, 2018