Enrich your professional profile in the public or private sector with high-level intercultural competencies!
New edition starting October 2, 2017
The Master of Advanced Studies in Intercultural Communication (MIC) is a part-time postgraduate program for professionals engaged in managing operational or strategic situations in a multicultural context and in managing multicultural human resources.
Founded in 2004, MIC is the only academic program in Intercultural Communication of its kind in Europe that allows you to pursue your professional activity while studying.
As part of our program you will:
- Achieve a higher comprehension of your own culture and the culture of others.
- Develop a laser focus in analyzing multicultural situations.
- Gain the necessary skills for mediating conflicts and creating effective solutions.
- Challenge yourself in intercultural strategic sessions in Asia, N. Africa, and Europe.
- Make an immediate impact in your organization.
The MIC program's structure in 20 modules scheduled every 2 months for a total of 6-9 weeks of courses distributed over 18 months.
Diverse locations: Lugano, Lausanne, Berne and Geneva (Switzerland), Fez (Morrocco) and Bangkok (Thailand).
An international faculty of over 30 professors and guest speakers from renowned universities, institutions, and organizations around the world guarantees academic excellence to the program and ensures its multidisciplinary and multicultural orientation.
Participants coming from all over the world contribute to creating a truly intercultural experience, where cognitive and emotional aspects play their part, too.
- An Interdisciplinary Theory of Intercultural Communication
- Diversity and Cultural Studies
- Inclusion and Exclusion: Social Psychological Approaches
- Difference, Meaning, and Communication: Semiotic Approaches
- Multicultural and Diversity Policies
Methods and Competencies
- Research Methods in IC
- Personal Project
- Intercultural Workshops
- Nationals Institutions and Policies
- Law and Multiculturality
- Migrations and Integration
International Relations and Cooperation
- International Organisations
- Cooperation, Development, and Cultures
Economy and Cultures
- Businesses, Markets, and Human Resources
- Emerging Economies and Their Cultures
Education and Media
- Schools and Training in the Workplace
- Culture Online and Offline: Old and New Media
- Religions and Ethical Choices
- Gender and Family
- Communication and Cultural Contexts of Health and Wellbeing
Fees and tuition
Master of Advanced Studies (20 modules/60 ECTS) CHF 195000
Diploma of Advanced Studies - DAS (12 modules/30 ECTS): CHF 13000
Participants may apply for the option of spreading the payment of their tuition over a period of up to three years at 0%.
Scholarships available for motivated and low-income participants.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 3, 2018