The Master of Advanced Engineering (Energy and Sustainability) is designed for working engineers and engineering graduates with an ambition to lead. Addressing the pertinent demands in sustainable energy development, the course guides you to greater applicable knowledge in this area of specialization and to succeed in complex problem-solving methods.
This program is ideal for those of you who aspire to career advancement in the competitive global environment.
- Advanced Engineering Data Analysis
- Engineering Entrepreneurship
- Energy Efficiency and Sustainability Engineering
- Sustainable Energy Technologies
- Energy Efficient Lighting
- Principles and Practices for Sustainable Development
- Environmental and Air Pollution Control
- Smart Grids
- Minor project
AREA OF STUDY
You will acquire an advanced understanding of energy and sustainability and the ability to develop solutions to complex engineering problems. You will study core units in engineering leadership and engineering analysis to strengthen your abilities in critical reasoning, innovation, and strategic thinking.
- Apply advanced energy and sustainability based knowledge in an engineering context
- Employ energy and sustainability based techniques to solve complex problems,
- design engineering solutions, and evaluate potential designs to identify optimal solutions
- Research, investigate and critically appraise current developments and research directions, and identify future directions for energy and sustainability
- Demonstrate a commitment to uphold code of ethics and established norms of professional engineering conduct
- Communicate information effectively to industry and wider community
- Demonstrate knowledge of team dynamics and leadership, and function effectively as an individual and in diverse engineering teams
- Select and apply appropriate resources and modern engineering tools to systematically manage systems and progress knowledge
- Employ energy and sustainability techniques into all phases of engineering project work, including business planning and financial management.
This program offers a research pathway option as an alternative route for you to progress from a coursework master’s program into a Ph.D. program. The research option requires the recommendation of the Associate Head of School (Graduate Research) and approval from the Faculty/ Monash Graduate Education (MGE).
Scholarships and Financial Assistance
As a student at Monash University Malaysia, you will have access to various scholarships and financial assistance provided by both the university and external benefactors.
- Honours Degree Scholarships
- Postgraduate Coursework
- Postgraduate Research (HDR) Scholarships
- External Sponsorship
- Study Loans
- Other Financial Support
Program taught in: