Master of Accounting
Whether your goal is to ensure the financial viability of a non-profit or government program; lead the accounting division for an international firm; audit public companies, or gain the skills and degree to advance your career, St. Ambrose University has a program for you.
Our graduates work at Caterpillar Inc., Deloitte & Touche, Internal Revenue Service, and Rockwell Collins.
- We Meet Your Schedule
- Nationally Accredited by the ACBSP
- Small Classes, Personal Attention
Our faculty have real-world experience and are personally invested in your success. You gain strong accounting and communication skills and grow your professional opportunities in the world of business.
The St. Ambrose H.L. McLaughlin MBA program is nationally accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). St. Ambrose University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
WHY EARN MY MACC FROM SAU?
- We help you meet your career goals. Many states require 150 hours of college education prior to taking the Certified Public Accountant exam. Our 30 credit hour MAcc program helps you fill that requirement and teaches you the skills needed for the job.
- You can earn your degree in less than one year. Choose from our full-time, accelerated full-time, or part-time program. Start taking classes in the fall, spring, or summer semester.
- Your education doesn't have to end at graduation. In 2017, the SAU College of Business launched a unique Forever Masters program. All MAcc alumni are automatic members and have access to special events, training and professional advancement workshops, and information about industry trends, management practices and out-of-the-box thinking on various issues. Read this story about how the program "Continues the Conversation."
- Take up to 15 graduate credit hours from any SAU graduate program. Many MAcc students take courses from our noted MBA program. And, if a course you need isn't offered, you may be able to earn the credit through independent study.
- You don't need an undergraduate degree in Accounting. You may have to take some prerequisites before you enroll, and we can help you figure out what, if any, courses you need to take.
- If you do have an undergraduate degree in accounting, and maintained a 3.5 GPA, you won't have to take the GMAT prior to admission.
- The SAU Career Center supports you with résumé review, interview practice, and guidance in career decision-making. We host career fairs, and many SAU alumni attend as recruiters, scouting for new hires.
- Our faculty has real-world experience and some continue to volunteer or work as consultants. Their focus is on you, and they are accessible when you need them.
- The SAU Master of Accounting program was designed with input from leaders in public and private accounting, industry, and government, and has a solid reputation. The curriculum is further enhanced by the perspectives you and your peers bring to the program. We attract students from all corners of the globe, including India, Africa, and Russia.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
You will learn about theoretical and practical issues - as well as controversies - in accounting; how advanced income tax regulations apply to corporations; ways to resolve tax issues; requirements for reporting to the Securities and Exchange Commission; and non-profit financial reporting.
Courses include cases in taxation, advanced auditing, international accounting, law, and forensic accounting. Students can complete an internship for three credits and gain experience working for public accounting firms, major manufacturing and financial businesses, and service and government organizations.
The SAU Master of Accounting program is nationally accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). St. Ambrose University is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
WHAT DOES THIS PROGRAM COST?
Financing a graduate degree may seem daunting, but SAU offers graduate assistantships, fellowships, and full-time MAcc students can qualify for a scholarship. Contact the program chair for more details.
Tuition for 2017-18 is $880/credit hour plus fees.
Students who start the program within one year of graduation may qualify for a tuition discount of up to 30 percent on MAcc courses, up to 33 credit hours or 12 months of enrollment, whichever comes first.
George J. Till Scholarship
The George J. Till Accounting Scholarship is offered to outstanding undergraduate and graduate accounting students. The award varies from $500 to $5,000/year and is renewable for up to 4 years.
To be considered for the scholarship, students must:
- have a cumulative GPA of 3.5
- demonstrate financial need
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 8, 2018