The Master of Accounting degree program prepares students for a career in accounting. For those already pursuing such a career or who are seeking to change careers to one in accounting, the program offers excellent preparation as well.
The Macc is a dual degree program with FIU, University which is as ITAM accredited by the AACSB International-The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. The Curricula between the two schools is integrated because the Chapman School determines the minimum requirements for students to receive its degree and the "home" university ITAM adapts to these requirements by specifying its own requirements for earning the degree; the result, an innovative program that provides the knowledge and the skills to advance in today's dynamic global marketplace.
The courses are the following:
- Financial Accounting - US GAAPs
- Accounting Data Warehousing
- Environment of Accounting and Auditing
- Value Added Accounting Practice
- Fraud Examination
- Business Law
- Taxation, Corporations, and Partnerships
- Value-Added Tax Strategies
- Special Topics in Business Law
- Cost Accounting
- Advanced Accounting Systems
- Evaluation of Financial Reports, Business Analysis, and Valuation
- Global Accounting, Auditing, and Financial Strategy
Highly motivated students who already are working as CPAs, accountants, consultants, and attorneys, as well as those in related professions, holding an undergraduate university degree, with an average age of 25 years, and with an average work experience of 2 years.
The desired learning outcomes for this program include:
- To enhance the students' understanding and abilities to become an important information specialist part of the management team
- To enhance the student's knowledge in developing relevant and reliable information for strategic decisions
- To develop the students understanding of the accounting concepts and practices in different countries including Evaluation of U.S. GAAP and International Accounting Standards and the international dimensions of auditing
- To develop and maintain strong professional ethical sense and social responsiveness
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 28, 2017