Master of Accounting
This programme of Master of Accounting is designed to expose students further to both financial and managerial aspects of accounting. It enables students to remain current with the latest practices and principles of accounting and share an in depth knowledge of the accounting concepts and standard procedures. Students will be able to demonstrate professionalism and compliance to ethical standards in executing their accountabilities and responsibilities in evaluating and decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with minimum CGPA of 2.75 or equivalent as acceptable by the Senate; OR
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field but for CGPA below 2.75; can be accepted provided that the candidates must have 5 years working experience in relevant field.
- Graduates of equivalent qualifications who have several years of relevant industry experience.
- Evidence of satisfactory English language skills is required for candidates where English is not their first language, such as IELTS 6.0 or above or TOEFL 550 or above.
Who should attend
This programme is specially designed for enhancing the current group of accounting graduates or practitioners who may need to further advance, improve their fundamental understanding of the accounting profession and the market needs from the academia perspective. It is a process of preparation as well as upgrading their skills.
The Benefits of This Programme
On successful completion of this programme, you will be able to :
- Demonstrate a coherent and advanced understanding of the concepts, principles of accounting, its applications and financial workings, and also the application of such understanding in using those financial assets to the real world of business and investment.
- Describe and comment on advanced scholarship in Accounting and finance and critically evaluate arguments and assumptions to make judgments.
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize and appropriately respond to ethical issues in the practice of accounting by incorporating appropriate professional codes of conduct and social responsibility.
- Use oral, written and electronic communication to elicit information, to explain, debate and present complex arguments, knowledge and rationale to different audiences and circumstances.
- Gather, interpret, evaluate, analyze and apply relevant professional standards to complex accounting-related issues, and come to well-reasoned conclusions.
- Demonstrate a commitment to life-long learning and professional development by reading and critically appraise management theory.
Programme Modules & Project / Dissertation
The modules of this programme will provide the knowledge and analytical skill to explore and explain the principles and practices of accounting.
|Core Modules||Optional Modules*|
This school offers programs in:
- Full time (16 months)
- Part time (2 - 5 years)
Cost & Fees
- Malaysian Student Fees:
Total: RM 29,500 + £250
- International Student Fees:
Total: RM 36,800 (USD 9,200) + £250
- 26 September 2016
- 24 June 2016
- 19 August 2016
- 14 October 2016