Applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree at a credit average in any discipline other than accounting, or hold a non-degree professional accounting qualification with at least five years’ work experience.
The Master of Accounting provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to work in the accounting profession. Designed for recent graduates and professionals in fields other than accounting, the program offers a firm academic grounding and hands-on appreciation of the globally recognised industry.
Core Subjects (12)
- Accounting Principles
- Accounting Theory & Application
- Applied Research Project
- Business Law
- Economics for Business
- Financial Accounting
- Information Analysis and Systems
- Management Accounting and Strategy
- Managerial Finance
- Security Appraisal and Valuation
- Taxation Practice For Accountants
Accounting and financial literacy skills are needed by every business in the world. Accounting is a globally recognised profession with a broad range of roles, often leading to careers in senior management. Master of Accounting graduates are eligible for employment in professional accounting practices (public accounting or chartered accountants), corporations, the public sector and not-for-profit organisations. The degree is also useful to managers who are exposed to accounting on a day-to-day basis.
- Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand (CAANZ)
- CPA Australia
- Institute of Public Accountants (IPA)
The following combined degree is available:
- MBA / Master of Accounting (CRICOS Course Code: 088913J)
This school offers programs in: