The Master of Accounting degree equips you to reach your professional goals by providing the requisite knowledge to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) examination and to enter the profession of public accounting.
This degree is designed to complement prior education and experience or to prepare students without an accounting background for this professional field.
- You can earn your degree in as little as four semesters in a full-time format, although part-time students have five years to meet all requirements
- 30–54 credit-hour program with the tuition rate of $600 per credit hour for the 2013-2014 academic year
- Flexible scheduling with core and elective courses meeting one night per week from 6–9:15 p.m. for 13 weeks.
- Any major accepted from an accredited undergraduate institution
- The M.Acc. faculty are recognized scholars with extensive experience as practitioners and consultants, blending first-hand knowledge of best practices into their teaching
In your first semester, you will complete an elite training experience focusing on communication and leadership skills. The workshop offers a competitive edge by providing you with the skills to consistently lead, influence, and inform others. You will learn to:
- Organize thoughts quickly and present them persuasively
- Captivate audiences with a professional delivery style
- Overcome inhibitions and do things with a purpose
- Strategically build presentations to focus on customers’ needs
- Distinguish yourself as a leader through professional presence
A handful of workshops are offered each term. Students meet over two days, Friday 1–8 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Master of Accounting program will also prepare you to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) examination and to enter the profession of public accounting. The Becker Conviser Professional CPA review course is offered in a Saturday format on campus at a reduced rate for current Drake students and recent alumni.
Need More Information?
For more information about the Drake Master of Accounting program, please contact Drake at 515-271-2188 (toll-free 1-800-44-DRAKE, ext. 2188), or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated January 31, 2018