This track is open to recent graduates and professionals seeking to solidify their accounting skills to succeed in professional careers. It also provides students with necessary credit hours to qualify for the CPA exam in Washington State.
Who should apply?
Those who have a bachelor's degree and want to earn a master's degree in accounting to meet requirements for CPA examination. As a full-time program, it is ideal for international and military students.
- Courses are taught on the UW Tacoma campus in the evening to accommodate schedules of working professionals
- The student cohort admits for autumn quarter and classes meet autumn through spring
- Program can be completed in two academic years (18 months)
- Become eligible for the CPA exam by earning all upper-division credits
- Make an exciting career change. Be recruited by employers for internships and full-time careers through Milgard's career and professional development network
- Join the prestigious Milgard Alumni Network
- World-class faculty, small class sizes, urban campus in the heart of vibrant downtown Tacoma
- Earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A minimum of 8 quarter credit hours with at least one course each in financial and managerial accounting. Must have earned a B (GPA of 3.0 on a 4-point scale) or better in each of these courses. Equivalent UWT courses would be TACCT 210, 220 and 230
- GMAT score in the range of 500 and above, or be approved for a GMAT waiver
- International students must satisfy the UW Graduate School’s English Language Proficiency Requirement. Submit an official TOEFL Internet-based score of 92 or above in order to be exempt from the Academic English Program (AEP) requirements. The TOEFL institution code for UW Tacoma is 4854
About the School
Established in 1994, the Milgard School of Business offers a bachelor of arts in business administration (BABA), a master of business administration (MBA), a master of accounting (MAcc) and other prog ... Read More