A masters in accounting: calculated success with immeasurable opportunities.
Start this Fall. Full-tuition scholarships available.
The Master of Accountancy program at the Daniels School of Accountancy provides rigorous training in accounting fundamentals with specialties in business valuation, assurance, taxation or information analytics. Whether your background is in business or liberal arts, customized degree plans ensure graduates have the fundamental business knowledge, practical experience and accounting skills sought by top employers. The best indicator of the program’s strength is the success of our graduates: Nearly 100 percent of our domestic MAcc graduates accept positions within three months of graduation and many of those job offers stem from internships at top accounting firms, such as PricewaterhouseCoopers, Deloitte, Ernst & Young, KPMG and Grant Thornton.
The success of our students is reflected in our rankings: Daniels is the only business school in Colorado to receive high rankings from BusinessWeek, the Financial Times and U.S. News and World Report.
GMAT Waiver Policy
The GMAT will be waived if a student has met any of the following requirements:
- A graduate degree from a regionally accredited school.
- Passed four parts of the CPA exam.
- Obtained a bachelor degree in accounting (or business with a major in accounting) from an AACSB accredited university with a GPA of at least 3.25 overall and at least 3.0 in the undergraduate accounting coursework.
- Earned a minimum of 3.7 in the first eight hours (or first quarter of eight or more hours) taken towards the graduate business certificate in accountancy.
- If you do not meet one or more of the above conditions, consider enrolling in the School of Accountancy’s GMAT Prep Course to fully prepare for the exam. The ten-session course is offered quarterly with discounted pricing available for prospective School of Accountancy students. For information on the next available course, find a GMAT Prep Course or contact Jodye Whitesell.
To have your GMAT or GRE scores reported to Daniels, please use the following codes: GMAT code is MZR-GT-82 and the GRE code is 4842. School of Accountancy awards do not require GMAT.
- Program Curriculum - A 9–36-month, full or part-time, 40 quarter hour credit program with maximum flexibility. The required Accounting Core is four courses (16 credits), leaving you 24 credits to either build a broad foundation or develop a specialty in an area of interest like assurance, business valuation, IT or taxation.
- GMAT/GRE - Requirement varies. Not needed for those who majored in accounting at an AACSB school with a high GPA.
- Program Start Dates - September and March.
- Tuition - $1,258 per credit hour plus program fees.
- Financial Aid - Full-tuition scholarships available from the Daniels College of Business in cooperation with the School of Accountancy
- . Merit- and need-based scholarships awarded by Daniels College of Business. Additional funding available from the School of Accountancy. Government student loans, private loans and GI benefits available.
- Application Deadlines - Four rounds of admission deadlines for fall entry and three rounds for spring entry.
Daniels provides a great environment in which to learn and grow. The small class sizes and hands-on learning holds you accountable to yourself and your peers, while ensuring that you’ll walk away with the hard and soft skills needed to succeed. Finally, the support of the Daniels community is second to none. Alumni, faculty and staff come together to celebrate your success and collectively work toward improving the student experience.
- Rachelle Barrett, MACC 2008 | Manager, Assurance Services at Ernst & Young, LLP
Points of Pride for the Daniels School of Accountancy
- Recruiters’ choice: We’re a preferred hiring school for all international, national and local accounting firms, given our commitment to rigorous academics, business ethics and hands-on experience.
- Customized curriculum: Whether you come from a humanities or a business background, faculty advisors will design a degree plan just for you. If you have a non-business bachelor’s degree, you will start the MAcc with additional preparatory course work.
- State-of-the-art technology: Our courses on sophisticated enterprise software and databases ensure you have the technological literacy demanded by today’s marketplace.
- Engaged faculty: Our faculty and staff are readily available to provide academic advising and career counseling. With a faculty/student ratio of 1:18, professors become mentors who take a genuine interest in your success.
- High CPA scores: Daniels MAcc students report the highest CPA scores on all sections of the exam in Colorado.
- Long History: We were the third School of Accountancy established in the United States.
- Accreditation: We are one of 181 accounting schools in the world that is AACSB accredited.
Courses & Electives
- Acquire strong accounting research skills needed to pass the CPA exam and attract top recruiters.
- Learn how to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Master sophisticated enterprise software and database applications.
- Gain elective expertise in either assurance, valuation, taxation or IT.
- Develop an ethical framework to make complex decisions, address the needs of diverse stakeholders and lead in today’s interrelated business world.
Concentrations, Dual Degrees & Certificates
The School of Accountancy offers unique opportunities for MAcc students to simultaneously earn two master-level degrees or to pursue an MBA with an accounting concentration.
Learning at Daniels gets you out of the classroom and into the field interacting with business leaders, solving real business problems and using your business skills when the stakes are real. You'll emerge from Daniels business sharp, field tested and ready to lead—adaptable to new situations and well-versed in both big-picture strategic thinking and cross-functional intricacies.
International Student Resources
At Daniels we are dedicated to creating an environment of inclusive excellence for all of our students.
- Our Master of Accountancy program has the second highest number of international alumni working at KPMG in China out of all U.S. schools.
- Our International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) department works closely with our graduate students to help make the most of their OPT and CPT time.
- We offer flexibility in our Master of Accountancy program that can enable you to maximize your stay in the U.S.
- This program has quarterly networking events with international alumni and current international students to discuss important topics such as the process of assimilation and learning about American culture in the workplace.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 20, 2017