The Master of Accountancy (MAcc) Program has enjoyed a strong reputation as a highly-respected program since its launch in 1998. In 2008, the Program curriculum was re-designed to also cater for the emerging needs of non-accounting degree graduates who would like to equip themselves with intensive accounting education and prepare for a career in the accounting field. The Part One curriculum is equivalent to our Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Accountancy (PDPA) Program, which is accredited by the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA) as a conversion program under its Qualification Program (QP). The Part Two curriculum prepares accountants on how to integrate the various aspects of accounting knowledge and apply them to the work environment.
We are committed to providing our students with an open, dynamic and interactive learning environment. In addition to lectures, the Program provides students with ample opportunities to engage in two-way discussions with professors and accounting professionals in discussion groups, projects, and seminars.
Our Program is designed to impart concepts and practical knowledge of professional accounting to participants and further develop their conceptual and analytical abilities for the attainment of professional accounting qualifications.
- Provides non-accounting graduates with solid training in the core areas of professional accounting;
- Develops and enhances students' analytical and conceptual skills and abilities, particularly those related to accounting problems and issues;
- Enables students to obtain the necessary competency in professional accounting and thus to contribute significantly to both their workplaces and the accounting profession;
- Assists non-accounting graduates to become professional accountants;
- Serves anyone in businesses who want to strengthen their knowledge in accountancy; and
- Enhance students' networking opportunities with people of diverse background.
- Possess a bachelor's degree with honors not lower than Second Class Lower Division or with an average grade of not lower than 'B'; AND
- Provide GMAT scores taken in or after January 2012.
- Possess a bachelor's degree with honors not lower than Second Class Lower Division or with an average grade of not lower than 'B'; OR
- Possess recognized professional qualifications and membership in a relevant professional body that is equivalent to an honors degree; AND
- Provide GMAT scores taken in or after January 2012; AND
- Preference will be given to applicants with relevant full-time post-qualification work experience.
English Language Proficiency Requirements
- Possess a passing grade in English in one of the following examinations: Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (AS Level); Hong Kong Higher Level Examination; CUHK Matriculation Examination; OR
- Achieve Level 4 or above in the English Language subject of the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) Examination; OR
- Have a degree from a university in Hong Kong or an English-speaking country; OR
- Submit one of the following original score reports/certificates for assessment by the program(s) concerned: TOEFL (Institution Code: 0812); GMAT (verbal); IELTS (Academic); OR
- Have obtained a recognized professional qualification awarded in Hong Kong or an English speaking country.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 14, 2018