The programme is designed for recent graduates who intend to pursue a career in professional accounting. It will also benefit those working in non-accounting areas, who seek a thorough education in the principles and practice of accounting. The programme emphasizes substantive and operational knowledge as well as the skills and competencies for an accounting professional/practitioner. Additionally, the programme has been accredited by global accounting qualifications such as HKICPA, ACCA, CPA Australia, CIMA, and AIA.
- Contemporary knowledge of accounting
- Analytical and critical thinking skills to solve real business problems
- Fundamental knowledge in professional ethics as well as business and company law
- An understanding of the accounting theory and the latest developments in accounting practice.
The programme requires the completion of 7 core courses and 5 elective courses. In addition, all participants must satisfy the Pre-core programme requirements.
Core Courses (Part One) 18 Units
- ACCT 7610 Advanced Financial Accounting 3
- ACCT 7620 Auditing 3
- ACCT 7630 Business and Company Law 3
- ACCT 7640 Cost and Management Accounting 3
- ACCT 7650 Financial Management 3
- ACCT 7660 Taxation 3
Core Courses (Part Two) 3 Units
- ACCT 7860 Accounting Theory 3
Elective Courses (Part Two) 15 Units - Choose any five courses from the following
- ACCT 7510 Advanced Financial Reporting 3
- ACCT 7520 Advanced Taxation 3
- ACCT 7530 Contemporary Issues in Business Assurance 3
- ACCT 7850 Contemporary Strategic Management Accounting Issues 3
- ACCT 7540 Corporate Financing 3
- ACCT 7550 Integrated Project^ 3
- ACCT 7760 International Taxation 3
- ACCT 7810 Securities Regulation 3
^The course ACCT7550 Integrated Project is designed only for students who have obtained appropriate training on research (proof is needed) and would like to take an individual graduation project concentrating on integrative application of accounting knowledge if approval in advance is granted by MAcc Programme Office.
Note: The MAcc Programme Office reserves the right to offer or not to offer any of the elective courses.
- P.C. 7001 Accounting
- P.C. 7002 Economics
- P.C. 7003 Information Systems
- P.C. 7004 Management
- P.C. 7005 Statistics
- P.C 7006 Marketing for Accountants
- P.C 7007 Intermediate Accounting
Students with deficiencies in any of the pre-core courses must take, at their extra cost, the prescribed pre-core courses to satisfy the competency requirements for admission to the HKICPA QP.
Applicants seeking admission to the MAcc programme should be:
Holders of a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized tertiary institution; or
Holders of a qualification deemed to be equivalent.
Applicants bear the responsibility to confirm with HKICPA that their Bachelor’s degrees are recognized in meeting the student registration requirements of the HKICPA QP before applying for admission to the MAcc programme.
Expecting Bachelor’s degree holders who will acquire the requisite academic qualification before the programme commencement may also apply for admission.
Both business and non-business degree holders must satisfy the Pre-core programme requirements prior to their completion of the MAcc programme. The Pre-core programme includes courses on Accounting, Economics, Information Systems, Intermediate Accounting, Management, Marketing for Accountants and Statistics. Applicants should have demonstrated in their official academic transcripts that they possess fundamental knowledge in these areas. Students may also satisfy the Pre-core programme requirements by taking equivalent courses in other recognized programmes. Participants with deficiencies in any of these courses must take, at their extra cost, the prescribed Pre-core courses (which are no credit-unit courses with pass/fail option) to satisfy the competency requirements for admission to the HKICPA QP.
Initial selection will be judged on the basis of results in official academic transcripts, proof of English proficiency and relevant supporting documents. Shortlisted and qualified candidates will be invited to attend an admission interview together with a written test for further assessment of the English proficiency and attitude.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 9, 2018