This Master in Sports Management and Legal Skills in collaboration of FC.Barcelona has been designed for graduates in Law and Business and other people interested in developing their careers in the Sports Law World.
The applicants must be able to attend and dedicate one year to the program as a full-time student.
It is also compulsory for all the students to have a very good command of English language, as this will be the official language of the program and therefore all the lectures will be given in English.
The program, which duration exceeds 1500 hours of study, is divided into two phases:
1st phase: During this period, the student attends lectures every day at ISDE Academic Center in Barcelona and some classes at FCB.
2nd phase: From 3 to 6 months in one of our collaborating entities. Each student will complete this internship phase at the premises of one of these collaborating entities of the Master, under the conditions and rules set by those entities. For this reason, the schedule for the second phase is subject to further modifications. The Graduation Ceremony takes place in FCB Stadium.
Top qualified Lawyers in specific issues from FIFA, UEFA, EPFL, FC.Barcelona, Bayern Múnich, Porto FC, Juventus de Turín, AC Milan, Zenit, Deportivo de la Coruña among others compose the list of Professors within the program.
This is the content of the program:
1. ORGANIZATION AND INTERNATIONAL STRUCTURE OF THE SPORTS
- International Federations
- Olympic International Committee and Olympic International Academy
- EU and sports organization
- Analysis of state structures
2. SPORT ENTITIES
- Other entities
- Financial structure (budget and budgetary control, insolvency)
- Good governance in sports institutions / Corporate Social Responsibility
- US system
3. MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATION OF COMPETITIONS AND SPORT
- Contractual legal structures
- Financial structures
- Management and exploitation of sports facilities
4. REGULATION OF THE PREVENTION OF VIOLENCE IN SPORTS
- International regulations and their application
- Comparative analysis
5. SANCTIONS IN SPORTS
- Regulations and comparative analysis
6. DOPING AND SPORTS
- W.A.D.A, structure, organization and The World Anti-Doping Code
7. SPORTS ARBITRATION
- TAS: Structure and function
- International comparative study on arbitration tribunals
8. STATUS AND TRANSFERS OF PLAYERS
- Contract models
- Image rights contracts / Merchandising
- Transfers and loans of players (national/international)
- Influence of FIFA regulations (Statutes of players)
9. REPRESENTATION AND INTERMEDIATION
- Concept and execution
- Players’ Agents/FIFA
- European Agency contract model. State examples
10. LABOUR REGULATION IN SPORTS
- Comparative analysis of state regulations
11. TAXATION SYSTEM IN SPORTS
- Comparative analysis
- Direct and undirect taxes
- Tax benefits
- Tax planning
- Taxation of income from exploitation of image rights
- Taxation of sponsorship
12. INTELLECTUAL AND INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY
- Players’ image rights
- Brands and distinctive signs
- Protection for Sports broadcasting rights
13. SPORTS SPONSORSHIP AGREEMENTS
- Definition. Comparative Law practical analysis
14. SPORTS MARKETING
- Sport entities and sport events marketing
15. COMMUNICATION MANAGEMENT IN THE SPORTS FIELD
- The method is based on a combination of study of cases.
- The study of cases gives students a general approach to the different subjects of the program. At the same time this particular method develops students’ agility for legal reasoning.
- On the other hand, the case study consists in analyzing, deeply and precisely, those particular aspects which are especially relevant in sports management and legal skills.
- This combined method aims at providing students with a work method which will allow them to face any kind of sports management and legal problem in future.
Location and calendar
The Master in Sports Management and Legal Skills is divided into two phases:
The 1st phase takes place at ISDE Academic Center in Barcelona, Spain. The students are obliged to attend lectures every day from October to March.
The 2nd phase takes place as an internship in the Clubs, Sport-related Institutions or Sport-related Companies collaborating with the program. ISDE collaborates and works closely with institutions in the following countries: Spain, Portugal, France, Italia, UK, Switzerland, Norway, Sweden, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Holland, Poland, Czech Republic, Canada, USA, Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Panama, Peru, Mexico and Costa Rica.
The criteria used to appoint the Institution that will receive the student consists in a detailed case-by-case analysis of the student's academic performance, his/her own personal profile, and the previous acceptation by the receiving institution of that particular student.
This school offers programs in: