This international Master's Degree aimed at future experts for the design, control, and deployment of high-performance communicating embedded systems as a basis of the IoT paradigm. This requires a wide knowledge including wireless, transmissions systems, antennas design, as well as some aspects of computer science.
The Wireless Embedded Technologies Master’s Degree proposes a new cross-disciplinary education paradigm, designed to provide high-level training for professional engineers who plan to become technical leaders in this burgeoning field. The purpose of this Master’s program is to provide a broad education in communicating embedded systems with the opportunity to specialize in areas that cover theoretical as well as practical aspects of embedded systems development.
- To integrate knowledge, in an independent way and with a critical eye.
- To identify, formulate and handle complex problems within the area.
- To create technical solutions that fulfill human and societal needs.
- To show an ability independently or within a group, to create relevant connected objects.
Wireless Embedded Technologies is an academic curricular of the Automatic Electronics Electrical Energy Master's Degree. It is a two-year degree (M1 + M2) but only the second year (M2 Wireless Embedded Technologies) is accessible at Polytech Nantes.
Prerequisites for enrolment
- Applicants should hold a degree which validates at least 4-years in higher education (equivalent to Bac +4 in France), in one of the following fields: computer science or engineering, information technology, telecommunication.
The Master’s Degree is a two-year degree. Students enroll for a two-semester program. A total of 60 ECTS must be validated to graduate. Equivalences can be considered (up to 15 ECTS) taking into account the student’s previous experience (Master’s and Bachelor’s courses).
First semester (S9) - (30 ECTS):
- Models and mathematics
- Signal processing
- Communicating objects technologies
- Architecture and methodologies for embedded systems
- Tools and methodology for research
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
Second semester (S10) - (30 ECTS):
Students choose one of the following three streams:
- Antenna and propagation
- Communications systems architecture
- Advanced hardware and software architecture of embedded systems
- Internship (25 ECTS): a position of 5 months in a recognized laboratory
- R&D engineer in industry or research
- Electronic system architect
- Higher education and research through doctoral training
Our international master is taught in English in Polytech Nantes (Chantrerie campus).
About the School
Université de Nantes has never stopped moving forward. Faced with today’s challenges we constantly reinvent ourselves. In the last 50 years, Université de Nantes has taken training and research to the ... Read More