Wellness and Spa Service Design and Management is a unique 2-year Master’s program that aims to provide students with the necessary theoretical knowledge, professional skills and practical tools required for working in wellness, spa or other related organizations at the management level. The program combines management and design of spa products, medical and leisure treatments, well-being, fitness, and health-related services. It is the only similar Master’s program in the whole Europe.
What kind of skills and competence will students acquire?
- Hospitality and quality management;
- Creative and innovative entrepreneurship;
- Sustainable development;
- Strategic, financial and operational management;
- Service design and development;
- Management and marketing for wellness and spas;
- Understanding of the basics of spa treatments;
- Wellness philosophy;
- Project management and research.
Study location Pärnu has 170 years of the health resort and hospitality traditions. It is an internationally acclaimed health tourism destination with membership in the European Spas Association. One-third of Estonian spa hotels, along with water parks, swimming pools, baths and beauty salons, is located in Pärnu.
Students interested in working in wellness and spa industry or in a related field:
- Resorts, spas, wellness and health companies;
- Business and consulting companies;
- Tourism organizations;
- Leisure, recreation, and rehabilitation centers;
- Social services, municipalities;
- Research, academic career and Ph.D. studies.