Of all the softwares used in Visual Effects, there is no doubt that Side FX Houdini occupies the first positions. Due to his procedural creation model, its speed and the number of options it has integrated (particles, clothing, hair, explosions, masses, destruction, etc.), Houdini is synonymous with employment, thousands of job offers are published daily because The demand for VFX artists that dominate Houdini is very wide, especially in Top Studios such as Pixar, Disney, ILM, Lucas Films, and Weta.
Procedural modeling and creation of Assets
- Creation of scalable and modular models
- Procedural modeling from attributes
- Creation of tools for maya
How to use attributes in Houdini
- Creation of motion FX from attributes
Dynamic destruction (Rigid Body dinamycs)
- How to model to break
- Methods for calculating organic and rigid body simulations
- Particles for motion FX
- Physics based particles
Volumes, modeling with voxels
- Volume modeling
- Conversion between different types of volumes
Fluids, gaseous systems
- Explosions, fire and fumes
- Texturing fluids
Liquids, from detail to macro scale
- Large-scale simulation of liquid systems
- Small-scale simulation of liquid systems, playing with viscosity
How to generate and control crowds
- Agent Creation
- Dynamically control crowds, obstacles, paths and actions
- Tissue simulation
Postproduction, the final step
- 3D layer composition
- Motion track and 3D cameras
Pre-production of the project
- Construction of the project pipeline
- Pipeline structuring with Shotgun
- Follow-up assignments
- Optimize the Gantt chart
- Productivity parameterization
- Timing assignment and team milestones
- Tracking of production phases
- Cloud connection Desktop Experience in person and online
- Online project visualization
- Share management
- On-screen feedback
- Multitasking review
- Reduction of uncertainty in productivity analysis
- SCRUM methodology learning
- Calendar calculation
- Feasibility metrics
- Quality assurance
- Game pitch
- Marketing plan
Launch - prelaunch
- Market evaluation for departure dates
- Preparation for launch
- Pitch preparatory
- Presentation at events
- Project presentation court
- Presentation to the public
Teachers with real experience
- 3D Artist at Misomo
- Producer and VFX Artist He has worked since 2001 in the 3D and VFX animation sector, mainly as a freelance for various production companies and finally as a 3D animation producer. His works cover many fields always related to 3D, carrying out infoarchitecture projects, corporate videos, advertising, documentaries, video games, animation series or the production of a 3D animation feature film.
- Film director
- Film Director, he has won prizes for his projects such as 1st Prize and Special Jury Prize at Cambridge Shortfilms Contest (UK) and is related to the latest techniques of Virtual Cinema representation. He is currently a member of Utopic Estudios, a high-performance virtual reality and MOCAP technology company. He has worked in the world of Video Games making cinematics for Sunburned Games and is former president of AEV, Association of Students of Video Games.
Discover our exclusive Accelerator Program
Last year you will enjoy our 9-month acceleration program, which offers advice and training necessary for the development of all kinds of entrepreneurial projects. Take advantage of our Know how and all our facilities. Finish your training with a successful project and a professional demo-reel.
Work in a real studio
In the 9 months of accelerator you will work on a real project, a project with its objectives, its timings, its deadlines as in a real production company. You will know how to work in a video game or cinema development studio doing a real project, your project.
Your own startup
Do you want to develop your own project? If you have a good idea here you can carry it out. Or if not, you can always join the many ideas that we propose and launch ourselves, whether as a graphic designer, modeller, programmer, etc.
The main objective is that the projects see the light. For this reason we have different financing, distribution and promotion systems such as PlayStation Talents, which finance projects of up to € 200,000
Because we know that working alone and without supervision is difficult. That is why the students of the accelerator will count from the first day with the help of our teachers and professionals who will supervise and provide constant help for the development of the project.
Working at home is very comfortable but it is not fruitful, we all know that. In our facilities you will work with your team in a professional environment, with a meeting room, a game room, food / drink machines and all the services of a company in the sector.
You will work with very different career students. Experts in video games, game design, programming, 3D modeling, animation, cinema, concept, all working as a team forming a link for future projects and ideas.
We will take care of personally searching and managing job offers that may fit with the situation and preference of our students, both nationally and internationally.
And all this so that you have a professional demo reel, a specific demo reel for the job you want to develop, which you can attach to your cover letter or resume, which we assure you will open all doors to your professional future.
Register for free on our Virtual Campus
The most advanced campus in the world
We are the only school that has opened our campus to the entire world. Thousands of people, student or not, access our intranet daily to view videos, tutorials, lectures, demos, carry out missions and in general to interact with other students and professionals in the sector. A whole virtual world is waiting for you with infinite possibilities.
- Create your avatar
- Customize your room
- Vocational training
- Level up
- Talk with your friends
- Conferences and webinars
- Exercises and homework
- HD Videos
About the School
Founded in 1994, as a Center specialized in CGI - COMPUTER GENERATED IMAGES - (Infographics, 3D Animation, Video Games, Cinema, Advertising and Special Effects) and Digital Image (Graphic Design, Post ... Read More