The Master in Tourism and Hospitality Management is a specialization master. The immersion in the good practices of the sector, applied projects of great value for the different sectors that make up the tourism and hospitality value chain and the academic wealth of the subjects taught are elements of irrefutable value in the training of all who intend to contribute to the continues to enhance tourism and hospitality, whether through research or professional.
This program allows the acquisition of practical experience in the area, through Problem-Based Learning activities in laboratories and with renowned companies of Tourism and Hospitality - MSC Cruises, Pestana Hotels, Airbnb, Turismo de Portugal.
And it also enables the student to develop management and research skills, aligned with the needs of the most important sector of the economy. It promotes scientific research, as well as academic mobility, due to the renowned teaching staff - contact with the greatest researchers in the world.
- Administration and management of companies and / or organizations in the Tourism and Hospitality sector, namely:
- Hotel establishments.
- Resorts and tourist apartments; housing and rural tourism units; local accommodation units.
- Companies that manage food and beverage establishments.
- Tourist cruises.
- Management consultancy and advisory companies in the hotel sector.
- Companies providing services to hotel and restaurant companies.
- Project and event management companies in the hotel and tourism industry.
- Holders of a bachelor's degree or legal equivalent.
- Holders of a foreign higher academic degree, recognized as meeting the objectives of the Bachelor's degree.
- Holders of a school, scientific or professional curriculum, recognized by the competent body as attesting the capacity to carry out this cycle of studies.
Practical experience in the area, through Problem-Based Learning activities in laboratories and with renowned companies of Tourism and Hospitality - MSC Cruzeiros, Pestana Hotels, Airbnb, Turismo de Portugal.
- Strategic management
- Supply chain management
- Hotel and Tourism Brand Management
- Innovation of Tourism and Hotel Products
- Consumption and Trends in Tourism and Hospitality
- Tourism and Hospitality Case Studies
- Financial Analysis and Report
- Digital Communication and Social Media
- Development of Tourism and Hotel Products
- Data Analysis for Business
- Leadership and Team Management
- Simulation in Tourism and Hospitality
Dissertation / Applied Project