Do not postpone your study plans. Start your educational journey by enrolling in our Online campus and come to Barcelona or Madrid in Autumn or Winter. Blended learning is available for July and October Intakes.
Hospitality and Tourism is one of the fastest-growing industries in the business world. It accounts for over 10% of the global GDP and employs more than 300 million people worldwide. With such huge numbers and global coverage, anyone can find a suitable job for their desired needs. Especially, if it is in such a diverse and fast-paced vibrant city like Barcelona!
The Master in Tourism & Hospitality Management at GBSB Global Business School will provide you with hands-on experience in all stages of your studies. The school offers learning by doing methodology – you get the required knowledge and skills by participating in real hospitality management projects.
As part of the Tourism & Hospitality Management program, GBSB Global students get direct access to a variety of events and company representatives in the industry. Upon successful completion of the Master program our graduates work and intern in some of the best tourism and hospitality companies worldwide.
Set yourself apart from the competition with GBSB Global Business School:
- Study Business Innovation in a Business School Where “Digital” is at Its Core. GBSB Global is the only higher education institution in Spain accredited by Microsoft as a leader in digital education;
- Obtain a differential qualification with Microsoft Imagine Academy – GBSB Global prepares students to meet market demand in digital technologies.
The Master in Tourism & Hospitality Management in Barcelona program offers advanced insights into the tourism industry and provides students with the opportunity to develop their knowledge and interests within the field of hospitality management in one of the most exciting and popular touristic destinations in Europe – Barcelona.
The Master in Tourism and Hospitality Management in Barcelona incorporates comprehensive perspectives on tourism by addressing numerous sectors within the industry, from global tourism companies and sustainable tourism to marketing of destinations and emerging concerns in international tourism and hospitality.
In Barcelona, one of Europe’s main touristic centers, students will learn from and network with local industry leaders from famous hotel chains and companies like W Hotel, Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Booking.com and participate in large-scale events like The International Tourism Trade Fair. This is one of the first tourism fairs in the world and a global meeting point for tourism professionals from all over the world.
Students with a Master Degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management are able to step into the industry prepared to tackle current challenges that are facing industry professionals. As part of the education process, all students will get a chance to organize and host their own hospitality event. Master students will be fully responsible for the entire process: from coming up with a brand-new idea to putting it all together to pitching and hosting an event.
Have a look at the Tourism Sustainability Conference hosted by our Master in Tourism & Hospitality students last year!
- Duration of the program – 9 months
- Language of the program – English
- Intakes – October, January, April / Year
- Format – Intensive, Evenings
- Location – Barcelona, Spain
- Company Visits & Field Trips
- Faculty with Industry Experience
- Practical Knowledge Applicable on a Global Scale
- International Student Body (Students from Over 70 Different Countries)
- Exclusive Access to International Business, Fashion & Luxury Industry Events
- Career Opportunities at Top Tourism and Hospitality Companies around the globe
- To provide the most relevant curriculum that will incorporate the most innovative teachings and practical knowledge as applied to tourism and hospitality management
- To prepare students for competitive markets worldwide with an education focused on a global business perspective and cultural awareness
- To develop students into future leaders of the business world by providing pertinent industry knowledge that can be applied to tourism and hospitality management
- To teach students how to be successful decision makers by exposing them to real world examples through industrial visits, company presentations, global study trips and more
- To deliver an education with a strong philosophy embedded in business ethics and sustainability
Why GBSB Global?
- Global Diversity | Students from 70+ countries and faculty from 20+ countries.
- The only business school in Spain with an international accreditation from ASIC.
- The 1 st and only official Microsoft School in Spain, accredited by Microsoft as a leader in digital education, providing students with the most state-of-the-art learning experience from day one.
- Official Microsoft Showcase School.
- Recognized as a Leader on Global Education by Newsweek Magazine.
- Ranked No. 1 in Europe in the Guide to Sustainability Schools.
- Official Member of the European Council for Business Education (ECBE).
- The only business school in Barcelona and Madrid with the status of ACCA Computer Based Examination Center.
- Member of The Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), USA.
- Recorded as One of The Best Business Schools in Europe by MYBS (Mind Your Own Business School).
- Repetitive winner of International Business Ethics Case Competition, USA.
- Focus on Innovation | From teaching methods, course curriculum and workshops to fully digitalized educational environment we are all about innovation and challenging status quo.
- Employability & Career Development Opportunities | Practical knowledge and skills, career counseling and individual coaching sessions.
Develop your career in this exciting industry with the Master in Tourism & Hospitality Management in Barcelona
Food & Beverage Management
Responsible for all things related to F&B from ordering products to hiring staff and balancing profit and loss sheets. The career requires exceptional social and analytical skills. The ideal candidate is organized, calm under pressure, service-oriented, and business-minded.
A dynamic position leading a team of employees servicing food and beverage. A day in the life of a restaurant manager can go from tasting wines with different distributors to bussing tables on a busy night. Also, responsible for the overall function of the operation, inventory, ordering, and budgeting often tops the manager’s to-do list.
Event Management: Concerts, Festivals & Exhibitions
Event planning and project management dealing with large scale events. This role involves studying the brand, identifying the target audience, devising the event concept, and coordinating all the technical aspects before launching or hosting an event.
Hotel Operations: Banquet & Conferences
A demanding, yet high-energy career working in hotels, resorts, and conference centers setting up rooms and servicing events. If you enjoy seeing an event executed from the initial planning stages through to its end, this may be for you. From organizing a 500-guest NGO Gala to raising awareness for humanitarian aid to political receptions and corporate holiday parties, your clientele is always changing, creating a unique environment that is never boring.
It all comes down to the details and building relationships. Brides want to have confidence in their wedding coordinator and in doing so, this individual needs to be extremely organized and love executing special events with many moving components, balancing a need for both structure and creativity in the workplace. A rewarding career for the right individual, making lasting memories.
Or…Start Your Own Business!
The sky is the limit. Whatever you dream you can create. From opening a restaurant in Miami to offering sightseeing tours of the Vatican in Rome, there is no end to the possibilities in the tourism and hospitality industry. With a little ingenuity, good business sense, and creative genius you can start a company of your own and scale to great magnitudes.
About the School
GBSB Global is an educational organization created to challenge new economic circumstances and changing times. The business school has been ranked #1 in Europe in the Guide to Sustainability Schools a ... Read More