With students from more than 140 countries around the world, Rome Business School’s Master in Tourism Management is the ideal choice for professionals looking for a world-class degree program to start or consolidate a successful career in the international tourism sector. The quality of the teaching coupled with our leading career and networking services make this program the perfect fit for those who seek to excel in today’s job market and in global business.
Tourism offerings having reached an evident maturity and of contextual demands for the increase and diversification of tourist destinations. Professionals who are prepared and better able to face the challenges of this industry will find new job opportunities and upward mobility.
The Master in Tourism Management is aimed at:
- new graduates and undergraduates (subject to interview);
- young persons who wish to start a career in the tourism industry;
- professionals in the Tourism Industry willing to fulfil their knowledge with contacts with some of the most influent peers of the worldwide environment and industry.
The attendees, who aspire to set out a path to grow within their organization, or to start up their own enterprise, willing to enlarge their perspective of this market and/or to complete their professional training by getting a certification strictly conceived for the Tourism industry, will greatly benefit from this program.
Structure (duration – 1 year)
- Six months of lectures
- Six months dedicated to international internships and project work
- Visits at international companies and organizations
- Integrative cultural programme
- Seminars and events
Modes of attendance
This Master course can be attended in English, either on campus or by distance learning, in Part-Time formula (2 three hours lectures per week).
- Introductory area: The tourism system and tourism organisation
- Strategic Management
- Economics in tourism
- Introduction to Accounting for Managers
- Business Planning
- Principles of Marketing
- Methodology for the Creation of the experiential journey
- The global food and wine tourism system
- The global art and culture tourism system
- The global fashion tourism system
- The global romantic tourism system
- The global sport tourism system
- The global green and sustainable tourism system
- Digital Marketing for Travel design and Tourism management
- Brand Management
- Tourist Techniques and Selling Travel
- I.T. Area – Booking systems and new technologies in tourism management
- Project Management Area: Tourism Planning
- Legal Area: Tourism legislation and regulation
- Communication and Human Resources
- Customer Care
- Risk Management
- Public Relations
- The Startup Ecosystem
- Sectorial expos
- New trends
Attending this Master’s Degree course entitles to:
- International internships at leading companies and organizations;
- The inclusion of your CV in the Rome Business School’s database and its distribution to businesses, organizations and headhunters belonging to the Rome Business School’s international network;
- A free CV review;
- Support in the management of job interviews;
- Networking meetings with international managers, professionals and business owners;
- A personalized search and flagging service for the best job opportunities in Italy and abroad.
On completion of this Master’s Degree course, the attendees will be able to work, among other profiles, as:
- Travel consultants;
- Organisers of fundraising activities aimed at the promotion of tourist activities within public and private agencies and companies;
- Tour Operator and Travel Agency collaborators for the realisation of tourist offerings;
- Sectorial consultants for agricultural companies and entrepreneurs for the promotion of food and wine products;
- Sectorial consultants for the public sector for the planning, organisation, and management of local tourist promotion actions;
- Promoters of food and wine products and of cultural tourist itineraries.
On completing the programme, participants will be able to:
- Read a local environment through its Agrifood production and speciality products;
- Know the main Italian (and international) speciality foods and wines;
- Recognise local cultural and environmental resources from the perspective of the integration of the tourist offering;
- Identify the social, financial, political, public and private actors and primary players who take part in the management, the preservation, the valorisation, and the promotion of local cultural richness;
- Identify the regulatory and financial tools pertaining to the promotion of initiatives in support of tourism;
- Identify the actions and strategies suited to safeguard, valorise, and promote the tourist product;
- Build a tourist offering that integrates local cultures, environments, and flavours through an approach aimed at increasing knowledge through the pleasure of all senses;
- Develop actions aimed at the promotion of a local environment from the perspective of environmental sustainability and of responsible tourism;
- Identify and collaborate with the actors (Tour Operators, Travel Agencies, etc.) involved in the production of tourist packages;
- Develop competencies within the context of rural food and wine tourism consultancy;
- Design marketing and communication strategies aimed at the promotion of products in local environments (fetes, expos, events) and in specific sectorial contexts (exhibitions, conferences, meetings, pageants, themed expos, etc.).
World Class Teachers
The Master’s Degree course faculty is made up of highly selected international university professors, trainers and business managers, drawn from a variety of operational and professional fields and thus able to bring to the table a rich array of up-to-date experiences and competencies. The teaching approach is aimed at the acquisition of know-how, thus at transferring competencies truly useful for the attendees’ professional development.
For both the on-campus and the distance-learning courses, attendees can always count on the assistance of a tutor for any clarifications they may require, for the completion of the tests and exercises required by each module and for the final project
Students registered for the Master’s Degree course will be issued with a wealth of learning materials, including slides, textbooks, case studies, articles, videos, and useful internet links.
Registering In The Rome Business School’s Alumni Association
Attendance in the Master’s Degree course entitles to become part of the Rome Business School’s Alumni Association, the international network through which students of the Rome Business School can share ideas, experiences, and projects. Many facilitations are also available for attending further training courses.
All applicants must have a three-year degree (or be near completion). Those with relevant professional qualifications or extensive professional experience will also be considered.
Applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency during an interview.
For both the on-campus and distance learning options and in order to ensure a high-quality training course, classes can consist of a maximum of 15 attendees.
Partial scholarships are available to cover part of the tuition fee. Scholarships will be assigned based on the personal, experiential and technical-motivational profile of the candidates.
The payment of the participation fee is installable. In the case of payment of the participation fee in a single solution, the student will benefit from a 10% discount.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 9, 2019