The two-year master studies in theoretical physics provide a high-level, internationally competitive training in theoretical physics, guiding to frontiers of modern research in the following main areas:
- Quantum field theory and QCD, quark-gluon plasma
- Classical and quantum gravity
- Conformal field theory and bosonic string
- Neutrino physics
- Deformed Field Theory, kappa-Poincare formalism, double special relativity
- Supersymmetric quantum mechanics, integrable models
- Modern quantum mechanics, entanglement, nonlinear dynamics
- Many body physics and statistical mechanics
- Compact stars
Comprehensive and up to date introduction to modern theoretical physics is provided in connection to the current research conducted at the Institute of Theoretical Physics. Students can join one of the active groups and take part in special projects.
The studies offer considerable flexibility and choice; you will be able to choose a path reflecting your intellectual tastes or career choices. You may prefer a broad theoretical education across subject areas or if you have already decided about your profile, you may follow a more selective path.
Currently, at the Institute, we have international students from the Belarus, Germany, Portugal, Ukraine, USA.
We will assess your performance by one or several of the following means:
- written exams
- course work marked on a pass/fail basis
- take-home papers
The modes of assessment for a given course are decided by the course lecturer and will be published at the beginning of each academic year.
The course starts if the minimum number of three students enrolled for the first year.
Research in mathematical and theoretical physics, industry.
Structure of the Course
Students are expected to have basic skills in physics, mathematics, and programming obtained during the bachelor courses. The two-years' program students do not choose defined specializations at the beginning of the studies. After broad formation during compulsory: Course I and II and Core Courses (compulsory two lectures chosen from the wider set) they have the opportunity to follow their individual interests by choosing among a wide range of the optional courses. During the second semester, students are supposed to have chosen a master thesis advisor. At this stage, the role of the advisor is to help students to choose an appropriate set of lectures.
- Certified copies of your Bachelor Diploma,
- Certified copies of your academic records,
- Certified copies of your English proficiency (B2 level),
- A digital passport photo,
- A copy of the passport,
- A medical certificate,
- Confirmation of payment registration fee on University account.
About the School
The University of Wroc?aw has a rich history of more than three centuries. Founded by Leopold I Habsburg the university evolved from a modest school run by Jesuits into one of the biggest academic ins ... Read More