Today, the demand for specialists with master’s degrees in technical physics is constantly growing in the Institutes of the Russian Academy of Sciences, as well as in research organizations, industrial enterprises, and government services. Masters of Science in technical physics have qualifications in the following fields:
- solid state physics, processes in microstructures and nanotechnologies;
- optical, acoustic, and electrodynamic methods of examining substances and media;
- physics of emergency situations, disaster analysis, and forecast, natural and industrial processes;
- highly sensitive physical measurements.
Graduates holding a degree in technical physics focus on the development and application of modern technical devices and processes based on recent developments in physics.
They can solve the most challenging problems of synthesizing and predicting both natural and industrial processes, as well as the processes following some phenomena in microstructures.
There are three master’s degree courses in technical physics:
- Applied Solid State Physics;
- Optical Physics & Quantum Electronics;
- Thermal Physics & Molecular Physics.
The Department closely interacts with a number of leading institutes of the Russian Academy of Sciences and enterprises: Lebedev Institute of Physics of the Russian Academy of Sciences; the Institute of General Physics of the Russian Academy of Sciences; the Russian National Research Centre “Kurchatov Institute”; the Institute of High Temperatures of the Russian Academy of Sciences; the Institute of Microelectronics and Super-Pure Materials of the Russian Academy of Sciences (in Chernogolovka), The Center for Geoelectromagnetic Research of the Russian Academy of Sciences (in Troitsk), Zverev Krasnogorsk Plant, OJSC (in Krasnogorsk); Ramenskiy Instrument Engineering plant, OJSC (in Ramensk) and others. It also cooperates with industrial R&D institutes and head offices of manufacturing companies on bachelor’s and master’s training program issues. The Department of Physics annually performs a considerable amount of contract work in various fields, which enables it to engage undergraduates and Ph.D. students to carry out such work.
The Department focuses on students’ career guidance, which makes it possible for most graduates to get employed successfully according to their qualifications.
Hans / Pixabay
The list of application documents
- Questionnaire (please, contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org to get the questionnaire)
- A readable copy of your passport with information necessary for the invitation (please, note, that your passport should be valid at least 1,5 months after the date of your entry student visa)
- A copy of the medical certificate issued by the official health authority of the applicant’s country, confirming the absence of disorders incompatible with studies at university
- A copy of the medical certificate confirming the absence of HIV/AIDS, issued by the official health authority of the applicant’s country
- A copy of education certificate (with certified translation into Russian) with the list of disciplines and results of tests and exams
- Six photos (3×4 cm, color, mat).
About the School
Today BMSTU, a National Research University of Engineering and Technology, is one of the three leading universities in Russia and is ranked number one among Russian technical universities. According t ... Read More