Spanish is one of the most demanded languages in educational programs around the world
The official Master's Degree in Teaching Spanish as a Foreign Language of Nebrija University is oriented to the practice of teaching in any current teaching-learning context, supported by Nebrija University ‘s 20+ years of experience in the training of professors of Spanish as a foreign language, both in-person and online.
The master's degree responds to the growing demand for training that can be observed, for natives and non-natives who want to improve their linguistic, cultural and teaching skills, as well as graduates of degrees from other disciplines, who wish to develop professionally as SFL professors and do not have prior knowledge of the language and its didactics.
Difusión has a trajectory of more than 30 years dedicated to research and innovation in Spanish teaching. Its catalog includes some of the most used Spanish manuals worldwide. Since its foundation, it has always dedicated great efforts to teacher training and thousands of teachers participate every year in their online and classroom attendance training. Currently, its products are distributed in 107 countries and have a team of more than 60 employees and more than 200 employees.
The high employability indexes of our graduates as SFL professors in institutions of reference in the area of Spanish teaching proves the quality of the educational program.
This program offers the latest content and a broad repertoire of elective subjects to design the learning itinerary according to the student's educational needs and professional interests. Content and competences that respond to the new needs of the SFL teacher:
- Professional performance in specific contexts of learning Spanish.
- Management of virtual teaching.
- Current methodological trends for the teaching of linguistic sub competences.
- The program enriches classroom teaching with everything that new technologies offer and includes asynchronous communication tools that favor collaborative learning.
The training is complemented by research seminars, expert conferences, monographic seminars, and practical application workshops.
The latest contents and a broad range of elective subjects
The student chooses his/her learning itinerary among a broad range of elective subjects, which can be connected to his/her internship.
In the center of Madrid
The program is taught in the new facilities at the Madrid – Princesa Campus, in the center of Madrid.
Studying with students from over 30 nationalities allows establishing a network of contacts with professionals from any part of the world.
BOE No. 22, of January 26, 2017
All our degrees and curricula have been prepared in accordance with the new guidelines set by current legislation, having already been verified by the National Agency for Quality Assessment.
The student must take 60 credits
First Semester 29 ECTS
- 3 ECTS | Uses and functions of Spanish
- 4 ECTS | SFL learning processes and strategies
- 3 ECTS | Methodological approaches to teaching SFL
- 4 ECTS | Designing communicative language activities
- 4 ECTS | SFL course and class planning
- 3 ECTS | Teaching skills and SFL classroom management
- Electives *
- 4 ECTS | Oral and written communication strategies in Spanish
- 4 ECTS | Teaching lexical competence
- 4 ECTS | Pronunciation, intonation, and spelling in SFL
- 4 ECTS | SFL teaching for specific purposes
- 4 ECTS | Teaching SFL to children and adolescents
- 4 ECTS | Analysis and creation of SFL teaching materials
* Choose four electives in the total, freely distributed between the two semesters.
Second Semester 31 ECTS
- 4 ECTS | Teaching grammatical competence
- 4 ECTS | Pragmatics and intercultural competence
- 3 ECTS | Virtual learning environments and digital resources
- 6 ECTS | Practicum in specific professional settings
- Electives *
- 4 ECTS | Cultural references and sociocultural behaviors of the Spanish-speaking world
- 4 ECTS | Correcting, assessing and self-assessing in SFL
- 4 ECTS | Teaching SFL to Chinese speakers
- 4 ECTS | Teaching SFL to speakers of neighboring languages
- 4 ECTS | CLIL methodology in the teaching of SFL
- 4 ECTS | Culture in the classroom: literature, cinema, music, and media
- * Choose four electives in the total, freely distributed between the two semesters.
- 6 ECTS | Final Research Project
This program offers the student the possibility of designing his or her own learning itinerary according to their training needs and professional interests, always with personalized academic guidance. Its powerfully practical nature, the experience and prestige of the teaching staff, the internship agreements with SFL teaching centers from all over the world, and university extension activities, which are benchmarks in the field of SFL, favor the international employability of our graduates.
About the School
Since its creation, Nebrija University has maintained the differentiating values of its educational model, based on quality teaching and on research as knowledge creation, with comprehensive training ... Read More