Master’s programs in TESOL are common in many parts of the world, but are new to Lithuania. This international program follows three key principles: theoretical linguistic knowledge, applied scientific research, and the practical use of both theory and research. The core of this program consists of sociolinguistics and linguistics, which are combined with management and language teaching pedagogy.
The M.A. in TESOL program at LCC International University is geared toward a wide audience. It is designed for those who are willing to deepen their knowledge of applied linguistics as well as those who want a thorough knowledge of foreign language teaching methods and their practical application in international contexts. In particular, the program is designed for:
- High school teachers willing to enrich their professional and methodological competence;
- Individuals who have received their Bachelor’s degree and want to pursue a career in English language teaching in an increasingly multilingual world;
- Individuals who are interested in language program administration and management;
- Individuals who are interested in research in the field of applied linguistics.
Distinctive Organizational and Academic Features of the Program
- A small group model, guaranteeing an interactive learning environment;
- A combination of online and face-to-face interaction with professors and students;
- Three summer residency periods on campus in Klaipėda;
- A natural setting for practicum work during the Summer Language Institute at LCC;
- An individual theoretical and practical portfolio combining personal reflection and research from each course;
- Instruction from native or native-like English language-speaking professors.
Goals and Objectives
- GOAL #1 – to provide students with a strong theoretical foundation in applied linguistics
- GOAL #2 – to teach students to apply the theoretical knowledge of applied linguistics in teaching English to adult learners
- GOAL #3 – to engage students from many contexts in professional collaboration
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 10, 2017