System engineering sub-specialization is one of the three sub-specializations of the professional graduate study program in applied computer engineering. Through its compulsory courses, the study program covers the field of e-business and offers acquisition of basic competences at a graduate level, while through elective courses of this sub-specialization, students are able to specialize within the field of advanced network technologies, computer security, forensics, data warehouses and business intelligence.
From the perspective of students, the study program is comprised of 18 courses, of which 8 compulsory and 10 elective courses, that are largely predetermined by the choice of a particular sub-specialization. Elective courses related to this sub-specialization belong to two groups with one course of the first group being taught in each of the first three semesters, while two courses of the second group are taught in the first two semesters and three courses in the third semester. Elective courses are determined by the particular sub-specialization and students are typically offered to acquire necessary knowledge and skills for specialization in a particular narrow area through groups of three logically continued courses (from the first to the third semester).
Students enroll in the next year of study in the summer semester, and enrolment in the winter semester of the same year is performed automatically. The obligations of students for each particular course are determined by the teacher in charge of the course and announced before the beginning of classes within the digital student service system.
PROFESSIONAL TITLE ACQUIRED
The professional study program is completed by passing all exams and acquiring a minimum of 120 ECTS credits including the preparation of the graduate thesis, or a total of 300 ECTS credits including the undergraduate level of studies.
By completing their studies, students acquire the professional title of Professional Master of Computer Engineering in accordance with Article 74 of the Act on Scientific Activity and Higher Education, (Official Gazette, No. 123/03, 198/03, 105/04, 174/04, 46/07 i 45/09) and the Act on Academic and Professional Titles and the Academic Degree (Official Gazette, No. 107/07 entered into force on October 27, 2007).
The title can be shortened to struč.spec.ing.comp.
- Advanced Network Protocols for Service Providers
- Advanced Routing and Switching
- Business Intelligence – Competitive Analysis
- Conflict Handling and Negotiations
- Design, Finances, and Management of Development Projects
- Detection and Removal of Problems in IT Networks
- Discovering Knowledge from Databases
- Future of IT Infrastructure Development
- Graduate Thesis
- Identity Management
- Incidents Management in IT Systems
- Information Services Management
- Introduction to Computer Forensics
- Management of Innovation
- Managing Quality in IT Projects
- Penetration Testing
- Quality of Service for Networks
- Redundancy of IT Services and Applications
- Sales Communication
- Sociology of Information Society
- Voice over Internet Protocol
JOBS FOR WHICH STUDENTS ARE QUALIFIED
The list of jobs for which students are qualified is defined through the analysis of employers’ needs for particular positions advertised in this field. In doing so, it is especially taken into account which positions employers are looking for at a particular level of education. In addition, since the study program is structured through a relatively large number of elective courses that are related to a particular sub-specialization, specific knowledge, and certain jobs will be available in accordance with the elective courses students have attended and passed.
Positions for which students who completed the specialist professional graduate study program in applied computer engineering are qualified can be divided into a few general groups due to the fact that the study program and its elective courses enable students to specialize within particular fields. Groups and positions relevant to the system sub-specialization are:
- IT engineer, specialist in computer networks
- IT engineer, system administrator
- IT engineer, specialist in information system security
- System support manager
- Security incidents manager
OTHER IT EXPERTS
- Manager of IT projects
- IT engineer for implementation of e-business systems
- IT engineer, specialist in business solutions sales
- IT engineer for implementation of business decision making support systems
All graduates of this study program will acquire a good base in the field of e-business and business IT systems as well as additional knowledge in accordance with courses they attended and passed.
B) POSLOVI ZA SISTEMSKO USMJERENJE
- planning, design, implementation, administration, and maintenance of computer network systems,
- planning, implementation, installation, and maintenance of computer databases,
- planning, implementation, and maintenance of information system security,
- establishment of internal organizational structure and procedures for the implementation of IT security policies,
- establishment and auditing of implemented computer measures for the protection of business applications, computer systems, and e-business systems,
- management of information system and planning of its development,
- project management or participation in IT projects with thorough knowledge of methodology,
- understanding of market operations, management and business organization at the level of department or small business,
- preparation of complete documentation for IT development projects,
- planning and implementation of business information systems and business decision- making support systems,
- auditing of information systems from the aspect of security,
- planning and introduction of customer support systems during the implementation and use of IT systems,
- planning, implementation, and maintenance of solutions based on virtualization and clustering technologies (cloud computing solutions).
About the School
Based on the trends recognized in employment of IT qualified professionals through the analysis of employers’ needs and based on analyzed characteristics of the labor market in Croatia, the project of ... Read More