Studies of Sustainable Management and Production are based on interdisciplinary learning, which is required in modern society. During studies, real environmental problems of the companies are solved in cooperation with the practitioners, as well as practical applied tasks for improvement of efficiency of the environmental protection are performed. Effective combination of mandatory and elective study modules provides students with a possibility of individual study plans, enabling acquisition of competences in the areas of sustainable industrial development, environmental protection, policy and economics.
The Master + model offers either to a masterpiece in the chosen discipline by choosing the Field Expert track or to strengthen the interdisciplinary skills by choosing the Interdisciplinary Expert track emphasising managerial skills or a choice of a different competence to compliment the chosen discipline and achieve a competitive advantage in one’s career.
Top reasons to study at KTU:
- The programme was recognised as the best engineering study programme in Europe for the preparation of sustainable industrial development specialists in 2013. International environmental award “Energy Globe” in 2012.
- Strong focus on practical application: students perform their individual and team works in cooperation with Lithuanian industrial companies and organisations.
- Master+ model offers either to a masterpiece in the specialisation or to strengthen managerial/interdisciplinary skills by choosing an individual set of competencies required for career.
Preparation and management of environmental projects
- Development and management of environmental projects
- Cleaner production
Integration of technological processes
- Environmental technologies
- Smart and sustainable cities
Environmental analysis and assessment of the environmental impact
- Environmental impact assessment
- Environmental management accounting
- Chemicals risk management
- Integrated waste management
- Ecosystems and their modelling
Leadership for sustainable development
- Environmental policy, law and economics
- Sustainable management of natural resources
- Sustainable energy corporate social responsibility
- Sustainable consumption and production
_ “Graduates of this programme have well-developed systematic-logical thinking, much practical and latest theoretical knowledge of technologies used in the modern industry and their environmental impact. The ability of such specialists to see the situation from various angles – technological, economic, environmental and social – is fascinating and inspires trust in their professional skills. I think these specialists are welcome not only in the industry but also in the business and public institutions”_ – AB “Freda”, Production and Technical Manager, Virginijus Brundza.
“During my Master degree studies, I learned to apply a systematic approach while solving various environmental issues. I deepened my knowledge of systems theory, how it can be applied in practical work at the company. I successfully apply the acquired knowledge in everyday activities. This study programme is valuable not only for environmental specialists but also for entrepreneurs, managers because acquired knowledge and practical skills are oriented to the enhancement of the competitiveness of business while solving various business issues using environmentally friendly methods (cleaner production, environmental management, lifecycle assessment, etc.). I can state that lecturers of this study programme are specialists in their areas, who can interest and involve students both in the study processes and in the search of practical application for the knowledge; they constantly improve their qualification in local and international projects, participate in international conferences and various business and environmental events. I am glad that we have not lost connection with the programme’s lecturers even after graduation, we are invited to the conferences, meeting and continue our mutually beneficial cooperation.” – UAB “Diabaltika LT”, Director, Ignas Kavaliūnas, LinkedIn.
Accepted proof of proficiency: FCE or CAE, IELTS 6+ or TOEFL 79+
or Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) standardised admission test.
If your previous studies have been fully in English and it is marked on your degree certificate or transcript, or noted in confirmation from the school which confirms that your studies have been fully in English language, additional English test may not be required.
If an applicant does not have any official test, the online examination may be organised by KTU.
For more information about this programme, please visit their web page here.
About the School
Kaunas University of Technology - KTU - is one the largest technological universities in the Baltics. Known for its linkages with business, leadership in scientific research, flexible interdisciplinar ... Read More