Studies of Sustainable Management and Production are based on interdisciplinary learning, which is required in modern society. During studies, real environmental problems of the companies are solved in cooperation with the practitioners, as well as practical applied tasks for improvement of efficiency of the environmental protection are performed.
An effective combination of mandatory and elective study modules provides students with a possibility of individual study plans, enabling acquisition of competences in the areas of sustainable industrial development, environmental protection, policy and economics.
The Master+ model offers either to a masterpiece in the chosen discipline by choosing the Field Expert track or to strengthen the interdisciplinary skills by choosing the Interdisciplinary Expert track emphasising managerial skills or a choice of a different competence to compliment the chosen discipline and achieve a competitive advantage in one’s career.
Award for the best study programme in Europe
The programme was recognised as the best engineering study programme in Europe for preparation of sustainable industrial development specialists in 2013. The international environmental award “Energy Globe” in 2012.
Performance of applied works
Strong focus on practical application: students perform their individual and team works in cooperation with Lithuanian industrial companies and organisations.
Master+ model offers either to a masterpiece in the specialisation or to strengthen managerial/interdisciplinary skills by choosing an individual set of competencies required for a career.
– To assess environmental, social and economic aspects of production processes, company or region aiming to make integrated and substantiated solutions guiding the company’s performance towards long-term competitiveness and responsible performance;
– To prepare an investment project of sustainable innovations for a product, company or region;
– To systematically assess sustainability aspects in production and management insuring further economically efficient, socially responsible and environmentally friendly activities-leadership for sustainable development;
– Inter-field competences of engineering, production engineering and business;
– To apply advanced engineering methods and latest technologies while solving complex production, company’s or regional problems.
– Able to assess the environmental impact of industrial technologies, processes and products based on the knowledge of environmental processes and integrated engineering;
– Able to introduce and administer environmental management systems, manage production, environmental and other management documentation in the industrial and service companies;
– Able to prepare and present reports on environmental management, social responsibility and sustainability;
– Able to analyse business, industrial and regional problems and propose economically efficient, environmentally and socially beneficial innovations for management of sustainability risks;
– Able to implement engineering solutions for cleaner production, analyse and assess their efficiency, apply ecological design principles for product development and make integrated assessment of environmental, economic, social and technological aspects while making important decisions.
|Proficiency in English
IELTS ≥6.0, TOEFL ≥85, CEFR ≥C1, or equivalent
|University Bachelor degree certificate
Undergraduate diploma (or higher) with min. length of 180 ECTS (3 years of studies) is eligible.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
Average grade (CGPA) > 60 %
For more information of this programme, please visit their web page here.
Program taught in: