Master in Sustainable Interior Environments
FIT’s Master of Arts in Sustainable Interior Environments program prepares leaders who bring expertise in sustainability to residential, commercial, and institutional spaces. The curriculum develops proficiency in research methods, theories, and progressive practices applicable to building environmentally responsible interiors. We are creating a community of professionals prepared to transform the environments in which we live, work, learn, and play.
Who Should Apply
The program is designed to meet the needs of professionals and educators, including interior designers, architects, facility planners, and facility managers, with a bachelor’s degree and relevant work experience.
Application deadline for Fall 2013 is extended to March 31st.
About the Program
The program embraces the sustainability challenge by addressing the "triple bottom line" of the planet, people, and prosperity and creating spaces that are environmentally, socially, and economically sound.
- learn to shape responsible design decisions that protect the global environment as well as individual and collective health and well-being;
- learn to work on integrated design teams with engineers, architects, developers, social and physical scientists, community leaders, and clients;
- develop ability to independently and critically evaluate information about methods, materials, and products used in interior environments;
- take advantage of direct access to New York City’s most innovative professionals, learn from “green” and high-performance projects;
- study legislative and grass-roots initiatives and make contributions to shaping policy;
- contribute to a network of colleagues who will provide knowledge, support and inspiration to the design field and each other for years to come.
As part of the State University of New York, FIT offers the broad resources of a world-class university system as well as affordable tuition. Small classes meet in the evenings to accommodate work schedules.