"Sustainable development is a collective and collaborative process of change contributing to improvements in the quality of life. It requires the integration of economic growth and social justice with environmental protection objectives and has become necessary for all economic policymakers and stakeholders at the national and international levels to take into account as they develop their strategic plans.
The Paris Sorbonne Master program in Sustainable Development Law is specifically designed and adapted for students to acquire fundamental knowledge and professional skills in sustainable development which are nowadays required in business, administration and law, in all public or private organizations”.
PSUAD Associate Professor, faculty advisor for the Master program
- Achieve a high level of comprehension in public policies and private strategies of sustainable development within domestic and international legal frameworks.
- Acquire strong legal skills to counsel both public and private entities.
- Deepen understanding of technologies as well as economic and institutional models supporting sustainable development.
- Define sustainability criteria and benchmark measures to critically assess existing systems.
- Design sustainable solutions to real-world problems and optimize quality and strategic decision making.
- Twelve-month program; delivered in English;
- Close interaction with the business and sustainable development communities;
- Courses taught by both university academics and working professionals in the field;
- Students may choose to write a research paper or perform a professional internship;
- Flexible Curriculum (evening or weekend classes)
- General Principles of Sustainable Development
- Geopolitics of Sustainable Development
- Environmental Responsibility
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Economics and Management
- Finance and Taxation
- English Vocabulary
- Comparative Sustainable Development Law 1
- Research Methodology
- Environmental Law and Administration
- European Aspects of Sustainable Development
- Health and Safety
- Criminal Law
- Cities and Sustainable Buildings
- Seminars in selected topics: Climate Change, Water, Protected Species, Space Management,
- Comparative Sustainable Development Law 2
- Internship Report or Master Thesis
- Nicolas HAUPAIS, Professor at Orléans University (General principles)
- Thierry GARCIN, Senior Lecturer at HEC School of Management (Geopolitics)
- Stéphane ROUSSEAU, Professor at Montréal University (Corporate social responsibility)
- François RONTANI, Attorney at CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre (Finance and taxation)
- Anthony CHAMBOREDON, Associate Professor at PSUAD & Paris Descartes - Sorbonne Paris Cité University (Comparative law 1 and 2, Research methodology)
- Patrick DEGEORGES, French Ministry of Ecology (Biodiversity)
- Bernard POUJADE, Professor at Paris Descartes - Sorbonne Paris cité University (Administrative law)
- Gregory QUENET, Professor at Versailles Saint Quentin University (Sustainable development history)
- Imola STREHO, Affiliate professor at Sce PO Paris (European aspects)
- Rana CHAABAN, Senior lecturer at Maine University (Health and security)
- Philippe CADÈNE, Professor at Paris-Diderot University (Urban planning)
- Louis DUPONT, Professor at Sorbonne Paris (Space management)
- Piotr SZWEDO, Professor at Jaegiellonian University Poland (Water law)
- Christina MAURO, Professor at Poitiers University (Criminal law)
Paris-Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi provides the combined experience of three globally renowned French universities; Paris-Sorbonne University, Paris-Descartes University and Pierre and Marie Curie University. This rich heritage of joint excellence is now available in Abu Dhabi under the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research and is recognized worldwide. The UAE Commission for Academic Accreditation has officially accredited this degree (www.caa.ae).
Direct entry into the second year of the programme is granted to candidates who possess a bachelor degree in Law, Engineering or Business and Management, with a minimum of three years of professional experience, and a strong passion for creating more environmentally friendly and sustainable business models. A first selection is made based on the application form. The preselected candidates will then be invited to the PSUAD campus for an interview. Apply online at PSUAD online Application
For more information, please contact:
Executive, Graduate and Continuing Education Studies
656 9333 / 9250
PO Box 38044, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
To view the brochure please click here
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 10, 2017