Why study MSc Strength and Conditioning at Middlesex University?
Learn from noted academics who also work with professional athletes and clubs. This course will facilitate your accreditation from relevant strength and conditioning awarding bodies (NSCA and UKSCA) and provide supervised work experience with high-level athletes (for example, in professional football, rugby, and with Olympic and Paralympic athletes). Alongside designing and implementing evidence-based, sport-specific training programmes, you will master a number of exercise techniques, including Olympic lifting, speed agility and plyometrics. You will also develop research and data analysis skills, and the ability to present findings to a team. You will gain experience as a strength and conditioning coach and scientist through our work-placement module. One of our partner organisations is Saracens Rugby Club and our facilities are housed at their nearby Allianz Park stadium where we boast world-class performance laboratories, rehabilitation units and testing facilities. You will build invaluable industry contacts and we maintain contact with many of our graduates who have gone on to work in professional sports.
- Based in London, we are surrounded by the greatest density of top sports clubs and organisations in the UK
- We believe that all our graduates should be high achievers both practically and academically. As a result, we actively encourage students to publish their dissertation in peer-reviewed journals and conferences
- This course will facilitate your accreditation from relevant strength and conditioning awarding bodies and provide supervised work experience with high-level athletes
- The majority of our staff are active sports professionals involved in coaching and sports performance. Able to maintain close links with the industry, they can ensure current professional practice informs your studies
- Small class sizes allow you to receive the personal attention required to thrive in your studies
- As a student of this course, you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.