UNE is a US-accredited, affordable higher education institution that allows students to develop professional fluency in English and Spanish.
The tourism industry needs specialized professionals in this high-demand field. To respond to this growing need, the School of Professional Studies (Programa AHORA) at Universidad del Este (UNE) offers a master’s degree in Strategic Tourism with three specializations, including Sports Tourism, Gastronomic Tourism, and Medical Tourism. This master’s degree was developed with the collaboration of UNE’s International School of Hospitality and Culinary Arts and its expert faculty in the tourism industry.
Graduates of this master’s program will demonstrate knowledge and skills in strategic planning, finance, accounting, marketing, sales, economics, human resources and research in the tourism industry. They will have the opportunity to design innovative tourism products with the purpose of projecting Puerto Rico as a national and international tourist destination. In addition, graduates will identify project alternatives in various companies focused on solving tourism challenges in local, national and international organizations and associations, both public and private. Academic experiences in this program generate research aimed at the Puerto Rican tourism sector, incorporating statistical data analysis.
- Develop professionals capable of leading and establishing a new strategic vision of tourism.
- Transform the strategic vision of tourism into valuable and innovative actions and results both in Puerto Rico and internationally.
- Contribute actively to social and economic development through the creation of jobs and growth of the tourism industry.
- Manage companies, events and activities related to the tourism sector.
- Promote and position Puerto Rico as a world-class, multifaceted destination.
- Raise awareness about the importance of the tourism industry in Puerto Rico.
- Promote the development of niche markets, especially Medical Tourism, Sports Tourism and Gastronomic Tourism.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 1, 2018