With the Master in Stage Design you will acquire the necessary knowledge to be part of a theatrical stage team or an artistic department of an audiovisual project (video clips, advertising, film, fiction) and you will design stage spaces.
ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering","author_url":"","source":"©ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering"}" />
- Qualification: Master in Set Design, own title issued by the Pompeu Fabra University (UPF).
- Direction: Sebastià Brosa, Mireia Cusó
- ECTS credits: 60
- Duration: October 2020 to July 2021; Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, 17: 00-21: 15.
- Price: October 2020: € 10,000 (+ € 450 pre-registration)
- Language: Spanish
- Access and admission requirements: Official university degree or equivalent. Basic notions of the Adobe package and application letter.
The Master in Scenery Design is a program focused on professional development that seeks to know and know how to apply the best solutions in each case presented from the study and analysis of practical cases; Either it is a statement to solve a theatrical scenery or the scripts of a fictional series from any international streaming platform.
Many of the innovations in the international stage in recent years have emerged from the scenographic development. The contribution of design is key and opens a field of artistic and technical exploration aimed at the production of front-line shows or audiovisuals.
The objective of the Master in Set Design is for students to acquire the necessary knowledge to be part of a theatrical set design team or to become part of the artistic department of an audiovisual project (video clips, advertising, film, fiction) preparing them to be designers of stage space .
The Master's Degree explores scenography from an artistic and conceptual perspective in parallel to presenting and learning about the techniques and technologies associated with scenographic creation . This aspect is a complement of indispensable value that allows a global and unprecedented training in the field of scenery.
The program provides internship agreements with first-rate companies, set designers and producers to participating students who successfully complete the master's degree.
Information session video
Who is it for?
The Master's program is aimed at professionals in the field of design, art, architecture, dramatic art, communication and in general, all those interested in the evocative and communicative capacity of the object space.
- Investigate and delve into scenography as a design specialty linked to the performing and audiovisual arts, addressing the creation of spatial supports for theater, large events or television and cinema, from an artistic and technical perspective at the same time.
- Knowing the main scenographic visual arts that make possible the transfer of the script to space, by the hand of professionals on the contemporary scene and exploring the application of this knowledge both in the field of scenography for live shows and in the registered audiovisual productions .
- Discover the technical operation of the different types of scenic spaces to know the characteristics and potentials of the spaces where the sets are inserted.
- Delve into techniques and technologies associated with stage design, paying special attention to the differences between live and audiovisual formats.
- Know the parameters of construction, assembly and scenographic production that influence the design of a set or filming set.
- Ability to apply the acquired knowledge and problem solving in multidisciplinary contexts related to the arts of live performance and audiovisual scenographic projects.
- Acquisition and improvement of techniques related to different disciplines for both live and audiovisual shows.
- Mastery of the work phases and professional planning of scenographic design projects, both direct and registered.
- Acquisition of representation and staging techniques.
- Approach to the different disciplines involved in the staging, that is, set design, props, costumes, makeup, lighting technology, special effects ...
- Mastery of the formalization of the previous projects necessary to design a staging (direct and audiovisual)
- Approach to the different departments involved in the work of a staging, and the relationship that is established between them.
- Use of the resources and codes necessary to communicate with the different agents involved in the design and production process of the staging (clients and related departments).
About the School
ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering is a university center founded in 1961 and it is the oldest school of design in Spain. ELISAVA is among the 100 best schools of design and architectu ... Read More