The main objective of the Master in Sport Marketing & Sponsorship is to accompany you in your development as an integral sports marketing and sponsorship professional, and train you in the use of marketing tools applied to sport to be able to recognize business opportunities, establish strategies in creative industries, anticipate changes, optimize resources and analyze information resources judiciously.
You have the option of studying the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing (27 ECTS) and the Postgraduate Diploma in Sponsorship (27 ECTS), or you can take modules of the Master separately as specialized courses. This way, you can earn credits towards obtaining the Master degree in a maximum period of 3 years from the start of the first module.
This Master is for you if: You’re an (ex-)athlete and are looking for specialized education in sports marketing and sponsorship to give your professional career a boost. You work in marketing and want to deepen your skills and knowledge in marketing and sponsorship applied to sport. You wish to complete your education with a specialized postgraduate degree in sports marketing and sponsorship to create a future for yourself within the sports industry.
- To know the operating environment of sports organizations, functional areas and analytical tools.
- To understand, analyze and implement marketing and sponsorship strategies, development strategies, and the launching and positioning of new products.
- To make decisions relating to product, price, distribution and communication components.
- To understand the qualitative and quantitative analysis and diagnostic tools for sports market research.
- To understand, analyze and assess the role of digital communities and social media in sports organizations.
- To analyze and evaluate marketing strategies for the internationalization of sports activities.
- To use technological tools for the exploitation of business resources through sports marketing.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning and technological environments.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert professors and professionals from the industry.
- Collaborative tools, group work, communication and debate.
- Sports industry oriented: approaches training from the business sector to the sports industry.
- Learning based on experience: designed to improve professionalism.
- Sports Marketing and Sponsorship (private and public companies).
- Advertising and Brand Development / branding (advertising agencies and media agencies).
- Sports Competition (professional sports clubs and event organizers).
- Leadership and Management (federations, sports associations, NGOs and foundations).
- Sports Consulting (private business initiatives). Sports Journalism (media agencies and mass media).
The curriculum of the Master in Sports Marketing & Sponsorship consists of 2 mandatory modules and an optional instructional module. Each module has a number of teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases. The Master is finalized with the completion of a final project that involves developing the marketing and sponsorship plan of an organization.
MODULE 1: SPORTS MARKETING
- Sports marketing tools and resources
- Management structures and assets in the sports industry
- Rights, venues and organizational platforms for sporting events
- Economic structure and sports business model
- Sponsorship/media strategy
- Sponsorship from property, brand, agency and media
- Tactics: implementation and sponsorship activation: Measurement and analysis
- Internet marketing & business strategies
- Opportunity recognition
- Viral marketing
- Web 3.0
- Digital marketing
- Street marketing
- Sponsorship of events of exceptional public interest
- The exercise of a professional activity related to sports marketing and sponsorship, facilities management, event organization, sponsorship, etc, can be recognized as elective credits.
To be admitted, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree, diploma or equivalent.
- Have at least 3 years of experience in the field of marketing and/or sponsorship.
- Have developed a career as a professional athlete.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017