The study is designed as a non-teaching follow-up Master’s degree, which immediately follows (and is closely linked with) the Bachelor’s degree in special needs education (particularly the following fields of study: special needs education – andragogy, special needs education – after-school education, special needs education – intervention, preschool special needs education – teaching at nursery schools, etc.), and builds on the knowledge gained in the previous study to teach skills necessary for independent educational, diagnostic, therapeutic and counselling work with persons with health disability (or other types of social disadvantage). The study offers specialization by means of selection courses, which the students can focus on. These areas include special needs education counseling designed for the family and children with health disability at an early age, special needs education counseling designed for communicative competence disorders, special needs education counseling designed for the target group of adults and counseling for non-school activities. The structure and content of the lectures, seminars, and teaching practices reflect the requirements of Act No. 563/2004 Coll., on pedagogical staff as last amended on 1 January 2015 and, in the context of non-school counselling, especially in the sector of the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs, the requirements defined by the educational standards relating to social service workers are respected.
Graduate’s profile and opportunities
Job opportunities for the graduates include counseling positions with a direct contact with children, pupils or adults with health disability. The graduates will perform special needs education diagnostics and develop individual plans. They will carry out interventions and special needs education counseling, and cooperate with professionals on an interdisciplinary basis. The graduates will be ready to communicate and collaborate with the parents of children and pupils and teachers in special and mainstream schools. They will work in facilities and institutions designed for the persons of the target group.
The program will accept graduates of Bachelor's program focused on special education. The applicant must prove his/her fitness for study in a motivation letter (in English) and a profile essay 15 000 – 20 000 symbols long, focused on the area of orthocommunication or early intervention special pedagogy counseling. The applicant is expected to send an electronic version of his/her graduation thesis (graduation project).
- The standard English language requirement is at a level B2 in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- Minimum language requirements in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): Internet-based Test (IbT): 61, Computer-based Test (CbT): 173, Paper-based Test (PbT): 500 or an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) overall band score of at least 6.0.
The applicants are required to send:
- on-line application (online application form);
- motivation letter and profile essay (see information above);
- proof of recognition of their previous education (i.e. foreign certificate as equivalent to a certificate of education issued in the Czech Republic);
- certificate of language competence.
to the address firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 May 2018.
- Test of special needs education covering the Bachelor’s degree in Special Needs Education.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 4, 2018