Description of program
The study is designed as a follow-up Master’s degree, which immediately follows (and is closely linked with) the Bachelor’s degree aimed at special needs education – drama therapy and builds on the knowledge gained in the previous study to teach skills necessary for independent educational, diagnostic, therapeutic and counselling work with persons with health disability (or other types of social disadvantage).
The study of special needs education – drama therapy is based on the transformations of the social reality in recent years in the area of special needs education practices and social work (especially the “Education Act” 561/2004 and Act on Social Services 108/2006 – both Acts put more emphasis on the care for persons with severe and profound health disability, which requires therapeutic-formative and social-therapeutic training of professionals – special needs educators).
The aim of the study is to prepare graduates for qualified work in the sectors of education, social care, health care and justice including non-governmental organizations active in the mentioned sectors. The study organically links the knowledge of special needs education and drama therapy (in the context of other expressive therapeutic disciplines), and on the basis of a broad interdisciplinary approach leads students to independent work in solving complex theoretical and especially practical issues with their clients.
Graduate profile and job opportunities
The graduates will be qualified for the function on educators, expressively oriented therapists – drama therapists, experts in school counselling centres (school special needs educators), educational facilities for institutional and protective education and preventive educational care – educational care centres, children’s homes, educational institutions, substitute family institutions, children’s houses, etc.
The graduates will be able to provide qualified assistance in the area of special needs education care and expressive therapy, with a special focus on drama therapy in daily care sanatoria, facilities providing social care and prevention, gerontology facilities, facilities of penitentiary and post-penitentiary (continuous) care, therapeutic communities (groups) organized by the non-profit and healthcare sectors.
The graduates will be able to work as lecturers or researchers in the area of schools of the second and third cycle and in scientific institutions, or to perform functions in field service facilities in organizing and planning social work in the context of state administration and self-government, as educators in the sector of the Ministry of Justice, as organizers, managers and coordinators of activities and services provided by non-governmental organizations that assists persons with health disability or social disadvantage.
Preconditions for admission
Completion of the Bachelor’s degree in the study program B7506 Special Needs Education – Drama Therapy. Language competence:
- The standard English language requirement is at a level B2 in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- Minimum language requirements in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): Internet-based Test (IbT): 61, Computer-based Test (CbT): 173, Paper based Test (PbT): 500 or an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) overall band score of at least 6.0.
The applicant must prove his/her fitness for study in a motivation letter (in English) and a profile essay 15 000 – 20 000 symbols long, focused on the area of the study program.
The applicants are required to send:
- application (online application form),
- proof of recognition of their previous education (i.e. foreign certificate as equivalent to a certificate of education issued in the Czech Republic),
- motivation letter,
- profile essay,
- certificate of language competence,
to the address firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 May 2018.
- Test of special needs education and drama therapy covering the Bachelor’s degree in Special Needs Education – Drama Therapy.
- Interpretation of a prepared drama therapy project aimed at a client with a specific mental disorder and dramatic improvisation on a given topic.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 22, 2017