Software, Systems and Services Development in the Global Environment, Master of Science (2 years)
- A solid foundation of software engineering and information systems methods and technologies
- Understanding of software ecosystems
- Understanding of user-oriented products and services
The international master’s degree program in Software, Systems and Services Development in the Global Environment (GS3D) is a two-year program. The program will give you relevant skills and core knowledge of the latest methods, tools, and technologies to be an expert or manager in a global ICT company.
You will also get skills to lead multicultural teams, projects, and units. Other topics include:
- System design methods for information systems
- Open-source software development
- Service design
- Organizational change
- Software engineering management, measurement, and improvement
- Information security policy management
- Software business issues
- Research methods
- Project management
- Optional studies based on personal interests
The optional module makes it possible to widen your expertise based on personal interests, focusing for example on:
- Computer science
- Wireless communications engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Software engineering
- Information systems
- Human-computer interaction issues
ICT is a highly international field. Students gain experience in multi-cultural working during their studies. The degree program has strong traditions and good experiences in collaboration with companies in the information industry. Working life-oriented way of completing studies means that practical exercises and projects are conducted in collaboration with companies.
The project work at the end of Master's level studies integrates studies and is ordered and steered by a company or a research unit. Also, the master's thesis is typically made for a company. With close cooperation with industry, education is kept relevant and up-to-date, and visiting lecturers from industry are invited to courses.
The graduates will acquire solid academic training and essential knowledge and skills to analyze and evaluate different situations, such as
- Dynamics of the software business environment
- Human activities in IT use situations
- Software solutions and processes from the perspective of software architecture
- Design patterns
- Established capability and maturity models
Graduates have the capability to act as independent experts in goal-oriented projects and manage professional projects in global ICT companies.
Possible titles include
- Project Manager
- Chief Information Officer
- Software Designer
- User Experience Designer
- Information Security Specialist
Students applying for the programme must possess an applicable B.Sc. degree in one of the following fields of study: Software Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or nearby studies.
Scholarships and Fees
geralt / Pixabay