Software Engineering is a 2-year Master’s program that aims at providing students with advanced software engineering and management skills, as well as specialized skills in two major application domains: enterprise systems and embedded real-time systems. It is jointly delivered by the University of Tartu and Tallinn University of Technology. Upon graduation, students will receive a diploma from both universities.
The program will provide specialized knowledge and professional skills needed in a career path leading to high-end technical roles (e.g. software analyst, architect or research engineer) or managerial roles (e.g. project/team leader or technology officer). Graduates from the program have the skills to join the highly dynamic software industry in the Baltics, Northern, and Eastern Europe.
Why study software engineering in Estonia?
- IT is the top priority field for Estonia - it also means great scholarships opportunities for students
- Unique small country that strives to be the number one IT force in the world;
- Pioneer in electronic identity, electronic voting, adopting mobile technology, online banking, and electronic government services;
- Mobile parking system was commissioned first in the world in Estonia;
- Home to Skype, NATO’s cyber-defense center of excellence, the EU’s IT Agency and many successful IT start-ups;
- 99.6% of banking transactions are done electronically;
- Over 86% of citizens have ID-cards that they use to access online banking, e-voting, sign documents etc.;
- 95% of people declare their income electronically (2013);
- It takes only 15 minutes to establish a firm on the Internet;
- More than 1100 public Wi-Fi networks officially registered.
Students with a Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or a related field.
The program aims to provide graduates with the skills and knowledge needed to take on research and development positions in the software industry, and to grow into leadership roles, or to pursue further graduate studies in the field. Graduates from the program have the competence to join the highly dynamic software industry in the Baltics, Northern, and Eastern Europe.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 19, 2018