Master in Socioeconomic and Environmental Development of Regions
This „Regional Development“ Master’s degree postgraduate program focuses on „Socio-economic and Environmental Development of Regions“ with a view to providing students with an extensive knowledge of globalization and regionalization processes associated with the sustainable development of regions, economic contexts of regional development, environmental conditions and issues of natural resources, social and cultural conditions and relationships in regional development and regional, geographic, demographic and administrative issues, importance and use of cultural heritage for regional development, as well as methods of organization and management in public administration, local government and in business activities.
Specialization – Business
I. Academic Year
- Investment attractiveness of regions: theory and practice
- Programs and Strategy of Regional Development
- Public Procurement
- Public Sector Economy
- Management of Human Resource Management
- Managerial Economics
- Project Management
- Global Production Networks
- Marketing Research
- Urban Planning in Regional Development
- Diploma Thesis Seminar
- Master level Internship
II. Academic Year
- Environmental Policy in Regional Development
- EU Law
- Transport Management and Distribution in Regional Development
- Regional Sustainable Development
- Socioeconomic Demography
- Master level Internship
- Diploma Thesis Defence
- Final State Exam
- Program: C-RDE Regional Development
- Field of study: C-RDE-SEDRE Socioeconomic and Environmental Development of Regions
- Level of qualification: Master continuing
- Mode of study: full-time
- Qualification awarded: Master's degree
Specific admission requirements:
Completed bachelor degree program and entrance examination, if required.
Qualification requirements and regulations:
Finished Bachelor's degree program with a bachelor diploma.
Master's study program
- Regioal Development - test from Regional Economics and Politics, Sociology and Environmental Conservation.
Specific arrangements for recognition of prior learning:
There are no specific arrangements for recognition of prior learning. The recognition procedure of the university is guided by the Act No. 111/1998 on Higher Education Institutions and the university "Study and Examination Rules".
Profile of the program:
Master study program is focused on theoretical, methodological and practical aspects of formulation and implementation of strategies and concepts on the development of regions in both socio-economical and environmental consequences.
Key learning outcomes:
- Ability to the inventive utilization of modern methodological approaches in the development of the business environment.
- Ability to identify business opportunities and perform business activities.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate the trends in regional development.
- Ability to prepare the strategies on regional development in economical, environmental and social context.
- Ability to utilize knowledge of a certain region for preparation and processing of regional projects.
- Ability to apply environmental principles in the analytical, preparational and realizational phase of solving a specific problem.
- Ability to apply modern methods of organization and management in the state and self- government institutions and the entrepreneurship.
Min. 120 ECTS, state final exam, defense of the master's thesis.
Access to further studies:
Successful graduates may proceed to the doctoral study program.
Note: To obtain 60 ECTS credits per academic year, students should choose courses from any other study program taught at the university.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 19, 2018