The MSc in Islamic Finance offers in-depth education in the key areas of Islamic economics, finance and Shariah from both the theoretical and applied aspects. The course modules will enable students to have a comprehensive understanding of the economic, financial and legal environment in which providers of Islamic financial services operate. The objective of the programme is to produce professionals equipped with expertise in both the conventional finance and Shariah.
INCEIF has received approval from Ministry of Higher Education to launch the MSc in Islamic Finance, in lieu of Masters in Islamic Finance (MIF), beginning September 2013.
The MSc in Islamic Finance would be awarded to students enrolling from September 2013 onwards.
The Malaysian Advantage
Experience Islamic Finance in action in the cradle of modern Islamic Finance where strong regulatory support has resulted in a robust industry.
Network with Industry Experts
In addition to attending regular classes and tutorials, students interact with industry experts during the regular industry talks where invited industry speakers give presentations on the practical aspects of Islamic Finance.
Applicants are required to have a Bachelor’s degree.
English proficiency is also a must. Applicants whose native language is not English must have one of the following:
- Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a score of 550; OR
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) level 6
- Exceptions from English language competency can be given to those whose medium of study at entry level is English.
It is essential that all candidates speak write and understand English fluently. The greater your fluency in English, the more you will benefit from the programme for the following reasons:
- Lectures are participative, and you need to follow the class discussion and participate
- Your study group will require you to take an active role
MSc in Islamic Finance is an academic degree.
The programme has strong theoretical underpinnings; its primary purpose is to offer knowledge for application in professional practice.
- It prepares a student for a life of practice in the student’s particular profession.
- It provides students with the fundamental knowledge as well as competencies on which they can build upon to advance their careers upon graduation.
- It equips graduates with managerial and decision-making skills.
- It may serve as preparation for advanced studies at the doctoral level.
The fee for candidates entering the MSc of Islamic Finance is the same for both Malaysia and international candidates. Fees include tuition and support facilities for the entire MSc programme. The fee does not include living expenses, which will vary according to an individual’s individual circumstances and lifestyle.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 2, 2017