The course is aimed at the education and training of Conservation Scientist, a scientist with knowledge on chemistry, physics, biology, geology and informatics applied to cultural heritage and further knowledge in conservation (ethics, history, cultural values, historical technologies, past and present conservation technologies and practice, specific scientific aspects, etc.). His/her formation enables him/her to contribute to the study and conservation of cultural heritage within an interdisciplinary team.
5 reasons to enrol on the degree programme
- The course trains conservation scientists, professionals involved in the scientific study of cultural heritage
- You’ll penetrate the hidden material constitution of works of art
- You’ll be trained on the use of the most advanced analytical techniques currently used to study cultural heritage
- You will study within a team of international and interdisciplinary students
- Scholarships for thesis abroad are available every year
There are specific enrolment procedures for each degree programme. You can find detailed information about how to apply, tuition fees and deadlines on https://corsi.unibo.it/2cycle/ScienceForConservation/how-to-enrol
Study grants and subsidies
University students may obtain economic support during their studies from the Emilia Romagna Region, the University of Bologna and other external bodies.
Tuition fees exemptions
Check our website to know which are the required documents to apply for full exemptions and special subsidies.
Program taught in: