Master in Russian Studies
POLITICAL RESEARCES OF RUSSIA AND POST-SOVIET STATES
You will see what is really happening in Russia. You will understand the difference between myths about Russia and real processes, which are happening in Russia and post-Soviet States. You will learn how it works from ‘the inside’ and will be able to compare the existing concepts and theories about Russia with real practice. You will get an access to the unique information data bases and technologies of work in Russia and will take part in political researches and campaigns.
Language of training: Russian and English
• first year – education in English + intensive studying of Russian
• second year – teaching and practical training in Russian
• The collapse of the bipolar world: transformation of international relationships in post-Soviet States and Russian foreign policy
• The difficult way to the democracy: political transformation of post-Soviet societies
• Economic reforms and society in Russia and post-Soviet countries
• The Internet, new media and protest activities in Russia and post-Soviet States
• Political myths: the new identity of post-Soviet societies’ construction
• GR and lobbying in Russia: how it works
• Electoral processes and political technologies: how to win the elections and - keep power
Also you will have a number of special elective courses on the culture, history, traditions of Russia and post-Soviet countries.
PRACTICAL TRAININGS, PROBATIONS and RESEARCH PROJECTS in the best —information analysis, consulting and research centers of Russia.
YOU WILL LEARN:
1) in research area:
• to apply main points of transitology and consolidology to analysis of processes in Russia and other post-Soviet countries;
• to analyze the dynamic of changes in politics, economy and social structure of post-Soviet countries;
• to organize the model of research, basing on modern achievements of political theory
• to form an empirical research base, resting on recent developments - of applicative political knowledge;
2) in informational and analytical activity area
• to collect and analyze information, including the usage of professional programs of automatic data processing (SPSS);
• to apply such methods of political events and processes analyze as content-, event-, intent analysis, mass and expert polling, deep and focus-group interview, etc.;
• to apply the methods of research of Internet: online-polling, hall- and home testing, technological monitoring of social networks, cybermatrical analyses of Internet audience, etc.;
3) in consulting activity area:
• to segment the political market in Russia and develop models of political leader’s/party’s image;
4) in institutional and management activity area:
• to realize preparation, carrying out and analyses of efficiency of informational, political and election campaigns in Russia and post-Soviet States;
• to organize and carry out the communication with Russian business and authority representatives;
5) in projects activity area:
• to work and carry out political projects, considering Russian particularity;
• to realize fundraising and crowdfundingtechnologies in Russia;
• to carry out monitoring and audit, which give you an opportunity to estimate the efficiency of project’s realization;
6) in business activities area:
• to lobby business structures’ interests in cooperation with authorities
7) in pedagogical activity area:
• to apply in educational process the recent forms and techniques of teaching: trainings, master-classes, business games, cases, project-analytical sessions, etc.
This program is for those who understand that Russia and the post-Soviet States should be studied in Russia.
Admission tests: the basic theory of political science (an interview).
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017