- Level of education: Master programme
- Type of instruction: Full-time
- Duration: 2 years
- Language of instruction: English
Benefits of the programme
- The programme is designed to provide in-depth knowledge about the culture of Russia. It is aimed at foreign students who have a basic understanding of the history, philosophy, culture, and art of Russia.
- A unique feature of the programme is the combination of general cultural disciplinary blocks with disciplines aimed at an in-depth study of the foundations of Russian culture. Special attention will be paid to the formation and development of Russian identity, the formation of research methods in the study of Russian culture, and the special character of the Russian mentality.
- The programme prepares professionals who are fluent in the history of Russian culture and modern cultural processes taking place in Russia.
- The academic programme is designed according to professional standards and employers' opinion on the correlation of graduates' competencies and functions in the field of professional activity.
Main educational courses
- Analysis and Criticism of Russian Art: Historiographical Review
- Cultural Research in the Contemporary World
- Computer Technologies in Cultural Studies
- Images of Fate in Russian Culture
- Multiculturalism and Multi-Confessionalism as a Fundamental Principle of Russian Culture
- Russian and Soviet Everyday Life
- The Russian Idea and Projects of Russian Culture
- Russian Culture as an Object of Philosophical Reflection
- Russian Literature and Literature-Centric Character of Russian Philosophy
- Russian Musical Culture
- Russian Regionalism: The Dialectics of the Centre and the Periphery
- Texts of Russian Culture. Seminar
- Slavophile Paradigm in Russian Culture
- Semantic Concepts of Russian Culture
- Contemporary Cultural Research in Russia
- Theory and Practice of Archival Research Work
- The obtained theoretical and practical knowledge and skills enable the student to perform analytical work and carry out academic research of contemporary Russian culture
- Organization of intercultural collaboration between Russia and foreign institutions.
Graduates with fundamental knowledge in the field of cultural studies, who are able to apply this knowledge in the analysis and study of modern Russian culture, have good opportunities to work in leading academic institutions and universities of the world, government agencies, advertising and travel agencies, international political and economic organizations, scientific and analytical centers, media agencies and publishers, archives, libraries, museums and educational institutions.
- Records Manager
- Opinion journalist
- Editor (mass media)
- Expert analyst
- Museum worker
About the School
St Petersburg University is the oldest university in Russia and for nearly 300 years it has been teaching its students up to the highest educational standards, preparing the graduates who are in high ... Read More