The Master in Risk Management is focused on training professionals with a fourth level degree with solid knowledge and competencies in comprehensive risk management, who have extensive theoretical and practical knowledge on risks inherent in the technical and organizational process, within and outside the companies, considered as an integral part of the new paradigm of risks in this integrating vision; thus, they must know and be able to apply and use methodologies to identify and manage natural, environmental, socio-environmental, health and safety, citizen and business security, in addition to the anthropogenic risks involved in risk management such as a whole, within a normative and ethical framework, that have the capacity to carry out research, application, consultant and training projects; who have developed sufficient abilities and skills to participate in both higher education teaching activities and academic scientific research projects on relevant topics according to the National Development Plan (2017-2021)
At the end of the master's degree you will be prepared to work on:
- Director of Quality, Sustainability or Risk Management.
- Technician responsible for the implementation of Quality and Management Systems.
- Quality and Environment Technician.
- Quality Systems Consultant or Auditor.
- Consultant or Auditor of Management Systems. CDC / Unsplash
Overcoming this mastery you will get
- Master in Risk Management from the International University of Ecuador UIDE (Postgraduate course registered at CES and recognized by SENESCYT, valid in Ecuador, Colombia, Peru and Bolivia ).
- Own master's degree in Integrated Quality, Environment and Occupational Risk Prevention Management certified by the Nebrija University of Spain .
- Professional Master's Degree in Integrated Management of Quality, Environment and Occupational Risk Prevention by IMF Academic Institution of Spain .
* Title issuance fees not included.
Multiple skills that will open doors for you.
- The professional will be trained in applying strategies aimed at achieving the triple bottom line (economy, society and environment) "triple botton line".
- The professional will be trained in the integration of their specific theoretical and practical knowledge with the integrated management systems of their organization.
- The professional will be trained in social development processes through social responsibility for the enrichment of cultures and knowledge.
The OpenUIDE Master's in Blended Risk Management benefits from all this experience that the Blended modality has acquired in their undergraduate careers as well as the merger with IMF Business School and their extensive experience in virtual training of graduate and master's programs. In addition to the above, the Management of Information Systems and Blended Business Technology is based on a practical methodology focused on the labor market. Therefore, from the beginning to the end of the program, all theoretical knowledge is projected on a practical case study, from which their data and problems will be analyzed and discussed, actively contributing to the progress of the course with sustained and relevant contributions. The student's training activity in online education is centered around the technological and communicative elements, multimedia content, synchronous or asynchronous communication systems, learning resources, virtual communities, computer tools, autonomous learning and collaborative work. , the same that allow achieving the learning results established in the program. Hence, this program benefits from all this experience that the online modality has acquired in their undergraduate careers. The Blended Master's Degree is based on a practical methodology focused on the labor market. Therefore, from the beginning to the end of the program, all theoretical knowledge is projected on a practical case study, from which their data and problems will be analyzed and discussed, actively contributing to the progress of the course with sustained and relevant contributions.
For quality assurance, there is a suitable technical team with learning resources and technological platforms that guarantee its execution. The technological model that the online modality uses is e-learning supported by the Moodle LMS Learning Management System. It is a platform that, through a course management system, helps to develop your learning model based on autonomous, independent, guided, collaborative and cooperative work:
- Virtual Campus: The Virtual Platform Moodle version 3.1.
- Blackboard Collaborate
- Virtual Libraries
Teaching activities are distributed in:
- Assisted and Collaborative: tutorials, group discussions, research papers.
- Practical Activities of Application and / or Experimentation: resolution of practical cases and workshops and exercises
- Autonomous Work Activities: forums, questionnaires, tasks, readings.
Virtual learning environments and available computer technology Moodle, Microsoft 365, Blackboard, Virtual Library, URKUND, CEDIA Network, Hardware, Software and Networks and connectivity.
- Blended learning modality (in which learning occurs through the combination of activities in direct interaction with the teacher or tutor in a range between forty percent (40%) and sixty percent (60%) of the hours, and the remaining percentage in virtual activities, in real time or delayed, with the support of the latest technologies in virtual training).
- Saturdays and Sundays from 08:00 to 17:00.
- 1440 hours (288 hours with teachers, 352 hours of technical-experimental work, and 800 hours of autonomous work).
- 300 seats.
- 2 cohorts.
Be an active participant in your learning process. Having sufficient skills and knowledge in the management of communication, computer or telecommunications technologies, systems engineering, software or programming. Have a high discipline in managing and scheduling your study time. Have a self-critical capacity to carry out self-evaluations in a way that allows them to achieve the proposed learning results. Be disciplined to meet the schedule of the established program. Be willing to maintain continuous communication with the tutor, and actively interact with peers to promote collaborative learning.
- Copy of the third level certificate registered in the SENESCYT and in the case of foreign titles these must be apostilled or legalized by consular route.
- Registration Form (online).
- Copy of personal documents: ID, voting slip, passport-size photo.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Preferably one year of proven professional experience (labor certificates).
- A personal letter of recommendation. CDC / Unsplash
Contents of the program
The design of the Master's Program in Blended Risk Management is designed to cover 5 nuclei and 10 subjects.
Referential framework and fundamentals of risk management
History and evolution of risk management. Establishment of a comprehensive vision of the different risks that are combined in the organizational field. Identification and fundamentals of organizational risks to be consolidated for its management. Contingency / emergency plans. Study of the laws and mandates, knowledge of the different regulatory instruments, identification of the governance scheme in risk management both internationally and within the country. Current legal instruments.
Organizational Integrated Risk Management
Risk assessment methods, risk control techniques, vulnerability models and simulation models. Risk management elements in planning, management, evaluation and control within an organization, as well as models and techniques for comprehensive risk identification and its assessment of risks and disasters. Organizational risk management plan. Tools for the organizational mainstreaming of risk management. Monitoring and evaluation of the mainstreaming process. Effectiveness and result indicators for mainstreaming risk management.
Occupational risk management
Working conditions and health. Panoramic vision. Risks. Prevention and Protection. Damage arising from work. Safety, quality, environment and occupational risk prevention. Regulation. General features. Basic occupational toxicology. Chemical agents: environmental measurements and evaluation criteria. Risk assessment methods, accident investigation, risk control techniques, specific techniques, Fine, HAZOP, Fish Empina, vulnerability models, simulation models. Relief and first aid.
Environmental risk and impact management
Classification and Identification of the types of Aspects and Socio-environmental Impacts, criteria, methodologies, Impact on the social and productive environment. Environmental impact study, management plan in projects and organizations. Prevention and Mitigation of socio-environmental impacts, Waste management, Control of atmospheric emissions, Soil protection, prevention of erosive processes and runoff management, prevention and control of contamination of water bodies and public service networks, Management of vegetation, fauna and landscape.
Sustainable development, climate change and risk management
Analysis of situations and measures aimed at reducing vulnerability to climate change. Disaster risk management, reduction, forecasting and control of risk factors (Threat and Vulnerability). It includes threats of natural, socio-natural and anthropogenic origin. Risk management as a public policy transversal to development. Key elements of sustainability in risk management. Risk management tools to influence the different moments of development. Setback in development due to the occurrence of disasters.
Physical security management of people and property
Risk analysis: energy supplies, environment, geographical location, infrastructure, security and protection systems, external and internal environment, transport, main protection methods Mosller, Asis.
Management of business and computer security
Risk Management: Political, economic, social, environmental, legal, technical analysis methodology, methods, Method, Riscar: control techniques, transfer, insurance, risk audits.
Technologies and instruments applied to risk management
Introduction to georeferenced systems, interpretation of cartography, knowledge and use of GIS tools. Geospatial analysis through remote sensors, application of GNSS systems and Geostatistical studies.
Integrated Management Systems
Classical methods; ISO family, ILO Guidelines, Integrated systems, use of computer tools, integrated Risk monitoring techniques, current and future trends in risk management. Organizational and response operational skills. Key elements of emergency management. First aid and first aid. Key elements for the intervention of the different moments of the risk management cycle.
Development of the degree unit included in the postgraduate training process to guarantee the qualification of the teachers at the end of their academic mesh. The qualification process will be carried out through the application of the complex end-of-program exam.
About the School
OpenUIDE nace con el objetivo de ser la Universidad a distancia de referencia en el Área Andina. Respaldada y avalada por la Universidad Internacional del Ecuador, una universidad joven, innovadora, p ... Read More